Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers not recognized

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
michael.luna37
194 Views, 1 Reply

Layers not recognized

The layers for one of my projects are not being recognized, and it's giving me this inaccurate deformation. It should be a rounded dome like deformation yet its giving me a jagged representation.  I think its only recognizing the first layer and not the rest leaving it to deform incorrectly.

deformation.pnglayers not recognized.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: michael.luna37

Hi @michael.luna37 Welcome to the Fusion forum.

I am not sure what we are looking at. My guess is that you are performing a static stress analysis and you have a part or some parts that are not fully constrained. This is a problem for a static analysis.

If you look at the "Display> DOF View", are there some parts that are free or only partially constrained? If so, those parts are a problem. You may be missing some constraints on those parts, or you need a different type of contact to prevent those parts from "flying off into space". Check the "Contacts > Manage Contacts" to see how that part is connected to the other parts.

It will be easier to diagnose the problem if you can attach your model. Use "File > Export" to create a F3D file. Otherwise, you can attach some more images and description to explain your model, simulation setup, and so forth.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report