Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join items

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
markwyton
310 Views, 4 Replies

Join items

Hi, can any show me how to get the ears on this model to join together on the body. Combine does not seem to work. I have included the file.

rb1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SaeedHamza
in reply to: markwyton

Hi,

for you to use combine you need to intersect the bodies with each other, or let them aligned at the very least, but the align tool won't give you the exact thing you want so I recommend you move the ears and when they are intersecting with the head in the wanted position use combine and it will work.

I also recommend you to use this method for 1 ear and then mirror it to get the exact same position for the other one.

hope that helps, regards.

Saeed

Message 3 of 5
SaeedHamza

Hi again,

I checked your file and I noticed some mistakes, for example you created a component from the left ear and one part of the right ear which caused you problems dealing with bodies when using move for example so I recommend you finish your designs with only bodies in the future if no joints are needed, and even if you needed joints you can create components from you bodies just by right-clicking the body in the browser and selecting " create components from bodies ".

I uploaded your project to this reply with the ears joined to the head.

hope that helps, kind regards.

Saeed

Message 4 of 5
markwyton
in reply to: SaeedHamza

HI, Thanks for the valuable advice. I will take on board going forward. Being new to f360 I get confused with bodies/sketches/components and even staying in the same component longer than I should. Hopefully the more i play around with it the more I will learn. Thanks for solving the last part too.

Message 5 of 5
SaeedHamza

Sure man anytime 🙂

keep modeling every kind of things and practicing, because learning Fusion 360 is about experience the most

good luck and kind regards,

Saeed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report