Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to soften/manipulate faces - Approach Help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jhowlette
510 Views, 4 Replies

How to soften/manipulate faces - Approach Help

Hello, 

Brand new to the tool.  Hae been going through the sculpting tutorials all week and now finally diving into my own project. 

I am trying to create a 3d graf similar to the one posted in yellow. I am starting by projecting faces over a canvas image of the graf I'd like to make. For now, I will create a body for each letter and later try to combine them to the word "Junior". I have two quick questions for the Fusion Jedi out there. 

1. Is creating faces the easiest, most efficient way to go about doing this? Would a simple sketch and extrude been easier?

2. My extrusions carry over the very sharp edges from the 4 point faces, what is the best way to smooth those out?

Thanks 

fusionhelp.pngSONE_large.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: jhowlette

@jhowlette

Look at the way I did the fur in this tutorial, you will use the same technique.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/performance-review/m-p/6617671#M76716

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 3 of 5
jhowlette
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Just making sure its not my computer, is there sound in that video?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: jhowlette

@jhowlette

Unfortunately no, I didn't have a mic when I did that, but if you have any questions just ask.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 5 of 5
jhowlette
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Wow, this is great. 

It sounds like the best way to approach this now:

1. Make a spline to represent each letter (3d if necessary) 

2. Make a pipe on each

3. Manipulate the faces of the pipe into the graffiti letters 

4. translate the letter bodies to spell out the tag word

5. Join

6. Make solid body

7. Profit 

One question: What is the best way to make the hard edge lines and flat faces like in the graffiti image above.  I tried playing within the modify menu while sculpting but I just havent found the right technique yet. 

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report