Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Divide Body

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3162 Views, 8 Replies

How to Divide Body

I have a simple body (box) that I need to divide into 4 pieces (side by side not quadrants)

I have looked up Split Face and Split Body but the links just seem to show where to find the tools, but following those steps doesn't do anything (the steps end before anything splits)

I select a Split Body and select a Face
That gives me a plane, but then what?

Thanks

(Apologies if this is a dupe - first post seems to have disappeared somewhere)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

An easy way to do this it create a sketch with 3 lines, use split body and select the body then a line then OK. After the split the sketch will turn off so you'll need to click the light bulb next to the sketch to turn it back on, then repeat the split body 2 more times.

Capture1.PNG

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks for the info Mark!

I need to split evenly.
Isn't there a way to specify how many sections I want and have it do the math?

Message 4 of 9
HughesTooling

Here's a quicker way using a zig zag line.

Capture1.PNG

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
HughesTooling

You can add dimensions to the sketch and reference the rectangle.

In this image d1 in parameters is the length of the rectangle\Box, then in the dimension I've highlighted i entered d1/4. When you add dimensions to the other 2 lengths click on the dimension you've entered d1/4 and it will use that dimensions value. I've attached the file, to open, from the File Menu select New Design From File.

Capture.PNG

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Just noticed I should have referenced parameter d2 not d1. I've attached the corrected file. If you right click the Box in the time line and edit it's size it should update and keep all 4 parts the same size.

Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Mark thanks for this great info!

There has to be a simple way to divide though.

What if I want to divide into 100 segments. I would have to sketch that many zig zags?

Message 8 of 9
HughesTooling

The trouble is how usfull a command is it, I've never needed anything like that and I don't think any program I've used has an automated way of doing it either.

Why do you need to divide that many times, if you need 100 idetical parts make 1 and use Rectangular Pattern to make 100 copies.

Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
HughesTooling

Here's an idea, make one cut with split body then use Rectangular Pattern to make the rest. For pattern type select Feature, then select the Split from the time line. I've attached a sample file.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report