Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How can I preview canvas aspect ratio for publishing in the Animation workspace?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jsejcksn
673 Views, 4 Replies

How can I preview canvas aspect ratio for publishing in the Animation workspace?

In the Render workspace, I can select an aspect ratio in scene settings and it will show me the canvas as a lighter grey against a darker grey so that I can position the camera appropriately before rendering:

f360-render-scene-aspect_ratio.png

But in the Animation workspace, I always see the entire field as light grey, no matter which aspect ratio I select in Publish:

f360-animation-publish.png

f360-animation.png

How can I preview the canvas borders so that I can position the camera appropriately before publishing a video?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: jsejcksn

Hi @jsejcksn, thanks for posting your question to the forum. Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available in the Animation workspace, but it is a great request and it's on the long-term roadmap. Can I suggest that you add this to the IdeaStation so that the community can vote on it and so that we can keep you updated on the status of it?

Best,

Timera

Message 3 of 5
jsejcksn
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hi @TimeraAutodesk. Thanks for your response. If the idea is already on the roadmap that means that the team is already aware of it and working on adding it into the software, yes? Can you explain why it would need to be added to the IdeaStation?

Message 4 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: jsejcksn

Hi @jsejcksn, good question. This item is on our long-term roadmap (backlog), but it is not prioritized to get worked on. When we hear from customers (i.e. through support on the IdeaStation) that a feature is very important, that helps inform our decision to pull items off of our roadmap backlog and prioritize them to be worked on by the teams. Hopefully that makes sense, but let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Best,
Timera

Message 5 of 5
jsejcksn
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

@TimeraAutodesk Ok, thanks for explaining.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report