Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion360-Issue with export drawing to DWG.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
feng.shao
373 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion360-Issue with export drawing to DWG.

I've exported a drawing to DWG format, then import it to illustrator(CS5) but failed while shown"unknown format". Then I asked a friend to open that DWG file with AutoCAD, it just like several images for each view but not vector contours or lines, so what's the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BCAdair
in reply to: feng.shao

My guess would be that you are having an issue with the model documentation views in AutoCad.  I believe you will need to open in AutoCad, then use the exportlayout command to get a dwg file with the vectors that you are expecting.

Message 3 of 4
feng.shao
in reply to: BCAdair

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply, I've tried as your suggestion and the new DWG file works fine, but still cannot be import to Illustrator, I guess there is a problem with the DWG format which was export from Fusion 360 Drawing, do you have any idea on this?

Much Appreciate

ShaoFeng

Message 4 of 4
BCAdair
in reply to: feng.shao

Sorry I don't.  I don't have Illustrator and don't know it's requirements.  Hopefully someone else will have the answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report