Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For everyone that wants a wrap function in Fusion....

116 REPLIES 116
Message 1 of 117
PhilProcarioJr
20175 Views, 116 Replies

For everyone that wants a wrap function in Fusion....

Been working on easy ways to do this....more to come later....

Here is a sample model with results. I could have done any pattern or design just chose this because it has been asked for so many times.

This took about 2 or 3 min to do.

Untitled.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled2.png

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

116 REPLIES 116
Message 21 of 117

Some more examples of "ACCURATE" placement of surface details on a model.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngBox Test v1.png

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 22 of 117

So they (devs) doing quite well with bending in SM.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 23 of 117

1. Sorry for missing the point!

2. "Couple of sketches for 3D-rail. Plane along the path. Sweep, Loft or Pipe. Mirror and Circular Pattern. Combine using Cut." - Nop, my way is much easier!

3. Here you go:

2017-02-08_121912.jpg

Ben Korez
Owner, TESREG.com & Fusion 360 NewbiesPlus
TESREG - Fusion 360 Hardware Benchmark
Facebook | YouTube

Message 24 of 117
michallach81
in reply to: Beyondforce

It's not possible to be made automatically in Fusion with the current build. You can do both cylinder and flat piece separately. Knowing the angle of lines on a flat part you can draw correct coil.

Any other way is not accurate.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 25 of 117

@michallach81

"So they (devs) doing quite well with bending in SM."

For me this is a love hate thing....

On one hand what they have is "Extremely" promising, on the other it leaves you wanting a lot more functionality.

For instance I "REALLY" wish the first round of tools included loft tools...I understand why it is not going to but still.

I also wish the pattern geometry tool worked in sheet metal...currently only pattern sketch works.

They are off to a great start and I think in a year or so sheet metal will be a very nice set of tools.

Currently the main focus is on the flange tool and I have been able to get some real usage from the current tools.

So far the flatten tool works really well and looks to be very promising. I have found a few limitations and bumps in the road but nothing really bad.

It has been able to flatten things I never thought it would be able to so kudos to the peeps behind the flatten tool.

The main drawback is you have to have a flat surface in your model. I would rather they based it off a construction plane, but as you can see I have been able to work around it.

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 26 of 117

@Beyondforce

You have still missed the entire point of this thread, troll a different thread please, I have work to get done....

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 27 of 117
Aadithya01
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Oh my god .. This is actually a Toroidal Bend Functionality like in Pro-E . Awesome man how did you do it

Message 28 of 117
Aadithya01

Also how do we sign up for the beta version of SHEETMETAL . Could you tell us the procedure

Message 29 of 117
Aadithya01

How did you sign up for the beta version of sheetmetal . COuld you please tell us the procedure

Message 30 of 117
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: Aadithya01

@Aadithya01

Go here to sign up:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/preview-functionality/how-to-sign-up-for-preview-technology/td-p/6853...

But be warned as of right now they are not sure if the things created in the preview will work with the final release so I would advise only using it for testing and learning.

I plan to make a video soon showing how to do these things using sheet metal. Be patient I am very busy at the moment.

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 31 of 117
Aadithya01

Can you tell us how you enrolled for the Beta version of sheetmetal in Fusion 360

Message 32 of 117
Aadithya01

Oops I didn't see it .. Thankyou so much

Message 33 of 117
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: Aadithya01

Here is a short video....the surface details are stretched to a fairly accurate degree based on some real world tests I performed. The goal for me with these tests was to have a flat sheet metal design that accurately shows the deformation of surface details from a flat piece to a bent or curved piece as I rarely ever bend stock steel in my work at home. I also needed to be able to bend complex carved wood to bent wood forms. This technique is also proving to be very useful in my CNC laser work, but more on that later....

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 34 of 117

Another case...

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 35 of 117
LMD001

@PhilProcarioJr

Hello Phil,

Out of the box thinking, I wanted to do "Phil Rocks" as text, but I used this instead. (you still rock!).

My rough attempt...

Nice way to wrap text also.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 15.54.41.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-08 at 15.55.06.png

Best regards,

Ludo

Message 36 of 117
HughesTooling
in reply to: LMD001

Also a workaround for text on an arc, used to use this in Geomagic.

tool6.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 37 of 117
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: LMD001

@LMD001

Thank you!

Yes, I am finding infinite possibilities using these techniques. It will open up a bunch of new possibilities in making models.

I'm currently testing a use case that seems like it is going to work and if it does this will be awesome.

I do however feel I am going to break Fusion in a very bad way if I keep pushing it's limitations farther and farther....

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 38 of 117

Sheet metal spline test with surface details:

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 39 of 117

Here's another use.

tool6.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 40 of 117
Aadithya01
in reply to: HughesTooling

HEy @PhilProcarioJr

My humble request is kindly make some video tutorials , start a youtube channel and teach us sheetmetal modelling . Tips and tricks , etc .. Once you are free . I hope that will help lots of Fusion users in some way or the other

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report