Participant
9 Posts
1 Kudo
1 Solution
Accepted Solution

export fusion to revit

156 Views, 3 Replies
12-22-2016 01:52 PM

Help, help, help! I wonder if anyone could help me out. I'm working on a project (furniture) in fusion 360 with a future plan to export it to Revit. So far I have tried to assign materials in Fusion and export it to Revit. Materials are missing in Revit. Does anyone know how to preserve assigned materials when exported to Revit. Thanks. :)

Hi Sandra, 

You cannot preserve the same materials, but you can re-assign them inside Revit, (Basically you can find many of them a-like, as Autodesk uses the same textures among it's products, maybe with different properties, but eventually the same texture)

Now 

Export it as a .sat file 

Revit 2016 or less
Open Revit Family template (Generic Model or Furniture for example)
Insert > Insert CAD, switch to .sat
and get it inside, then explode it, now you can choose each part of the object and assign a parameter with material into it from the properties, and you are done,

For Revit 2017.1 or more
Check this screencast to know how to get it inside, map it and organize it, 
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/5dfaae4b-f5a4-42c1-9581-4d5ab5e8a6d8

Good luck ;)

Community Manager
992 Posts
487 Kudos
86 Solutions

Re: export fusion to revit

12-22-2016 02:27 PM in reply to: sandra_smeikste69

Unfortunately, I don't think this compatible. Fusion 360 has different material libraries compared to Revit :( 

- Keqing

15" late 2013 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.9.5 in Portland, Oregon

Highlighted
AUTODESK EXPERT ELITE
104 Posts
52 Kudos
23 Solutions

12-22-2016 03:23 PM in reply to: sandra_smeikste69

Hi Sandra, 

You cannot preserve the same materials, but you can re-assign them inside Revit, (Basically you can find many of them a-like, as Autodesk uses the same textures among it's products, maybe with different properties, but eventually the same texture)

Now 

Export it as a .sat file 

Revit 2016 or less
Open Revit Family template (Generic Model or Furniture for example)
Insert > Insert CAD, switch to .sat
and get it inside, then explode it, now you can choose each part of the object and assign a parameter with material into it from the properties, and you are done,

For Revit 2017.1 or more
Check this screencast to know how to get it inside, map it and organize it, 
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/5dfaae4b-f5a4-42c1-9581-4d5ab5e8a6d8

Good luck ;)

Karam Baki
Architect, Revit Guru, ACI

Facebook | Students' Work | LinkedIn | StudentExpert

E-Mail : karam.baki@gmail.com

Participant
9 Posts
1 Kudo
1 Solution

January in reply to: Karambaki

Thank you.