Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export fusion to revit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sandra_smeikste69
11792 Views, 4 Replies

export fusion to revit

Help, help, help! I wonder if anyone could help me out. I'm working on a project (furniture) in fusion 360 with a future plan to export it to Revit. So far I have tried to assign materials in Fusion and export it to Revit. Materials are missing in Revit. Does anyone know how to preserve assigned materials when exported to Revit. Thanks. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Unfortunately, I don't think this compatible. Fusion 360 has different material libraries compared to Revit 😞 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 5

Hi Sandra, 

You cannot preserve the same materials, but you can re-assign them inside Revit, (Basically you can find many of them a-like, as Autodesk uses the same textures among it's products, maybe with different properties, but eventually the same texture)

Now 

Export it as a .sat file 

Revit 2016 or less
Open Revit Family template (Generic Model or Furniture for example)
Insert > Insert CAD, switch to .sat
and get it inside, then explode it, now you can choose each part of the object and assign a parameter with material into it from the properties, and you are done,

For Revit 2017.1 or more
Check this screencast to know how to get it inside, map it and organize it, 
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/5dfaae4b-f5a4-42c1-9581-4d5ab5e8a6d8

Good luck 😉

Karam Baki
Architect, Revit Guru, ACI

Facebook | Students' Work | LinkedIn

E-Mail : karam@aecedx.com

Message 4 of 5

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5

Hello Forum members,

Currently with the release of Autodesk Fusion 360 I'm finding a recurring question ... "Can Fusion export elements to the BIM system?". Currently the system can export only files in the formats: * .sat, * .step, * .stp, * .ides, * .igs or * .f3d (original Fusion).

In this way the process of exporting to an element in * .rfa is subject to export to a generic 3D element without the characteristics of a Revit family.

For this reason, in the official website of ideas and suggestions, I put another topic where it deals directly with this subject. I ask the collaboration of all the members of this Forum to access and vote, allowing to improve the software and making the process of designs, architects and designers working with Fusion 360 easier.

Access:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/export-files-to-bim-system-exportar-...

Você achou esse post útil? Sinta-se à vontade para curtir esta postagem.

Esta postagem respondeu com sucesso à sua pergunta? Clique no botão Aceitar solução.

Prof. Daniel Severino

EESignature

www.youtube.com/ProfDanielSeverino

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report