Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Can't open the application because it is damaged or incomplete'

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
runbikeswimtim
8722 Views, 12 Replies

Error: Can't open the application because it is damaged or incomplete'

Error: Can't open the application 'Autodesk Fushion 360'  because it is damaged or incomplete'

It was working 5 minutes ago. 

Any ideas on what's going on here??

thank you

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Stuart-H
in reply to: runbikeswimtim

Had the same thing happen here about 30 mins ago 

first browser went funny and would not accept commands 

closed it down and restated and got the same result as you , note no pop up yo report the issue showed up

my soulution complete wipe and reinstall

system latest 4K iMac 

Stuart

Mac Studio M1Max and MacBook Pro M1
Message 3 of 13
kris_berg
in reply to: Stuart-H

We did just release a new version of Fusion 360 from the Mac App Store this morning.  Apple controls the update process.  I have never seen that happen in an update, but it is possible it was updating the application in the background and something went wrong.  I think @Stuart-H is correct, the best solution is to wipe it and re-install.

Thanks,

Kris Berg
Senior Software Architect - Autodesk
Message 4 of 13
runbikeswimtim

Thanks Stuart.

I did re-instal and it works now. 

Not an ideal fix. but it does work. 

Message 5 of 13
Stuart-H
in reply to: kris_berg

Kris

a note mine is not the App Store version , I get mine from your site not the App Store 

So I would find it odd that it did a background update

i will will keep my eye on it 

at first it seemed like a hard drive going bad but the drive ( fusion drive ) checks out fine , as I said it got flaky then crashed to desktop and would not restart 

Message 6 of 13
kris_berg

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the information.  We did push an update for users downloading Fusion 360 from our website last night.  Its possible that something went wrong there, although normally when that happens the OS does not detect it and the application will crash.  I am sorry you had an issue with one of our automatic updates.

Kris Berg
Message 7 of 13
kevinsworld
in reply to: kris_berg

Ugh... I just had a crash and it told me that an update was available and it updated then locked up trying to open up a project.  Force killed the and now I get the..

"You can't open the application "Autodesk Fusion 360" because it may be damaged or incomplete.

Now what?  This is not he Mac and not form the app store.

Message 8 of 13
kevinsworld
in reply to: kevinsworld

and now when i try to install from the original I get this:

fusion.png

Message 9 of 13
kevinsworld

Did an uninstall and re-install and got back running.  I did not follow all those manual steps in the uninstall, just the main automated one.  Those steps look really onerous.

Message 10 of 13
Stuart-H

I suspect the servers at autodesk had a glitch when downloading the up date , or a bad update file

i find it interesting that you are not on a Mac ( no problem with that ) so it's not confined to the suggested reason of a Apple App Store update .

glad you have it sorted but I do think the fusion team need to look into this 

Message 11 of 13
lukepighetti

Non appstore version. Ran into this problem today. Reinstall in progress. Holding back expletives.

Edit: Reinstall, Fusion works fine, no data lost. I will be keeping the Client Downloader on hand for future issues.

Side rant: I can't remember the last time I had to "reinstall" a program to get it to work. Oh wait, yes I do, it was around 2002 back when I was running Windows 98 when I had to reinstall Red Faction because I had installed some mods that were conflicting.

Message 12 of 13
kris_berg
in reply to: lukepighetti

Hi All,

We are looking into this issue.  I was able to reproduce it myself.  I understand the frustration this issue has caused.  I, or another Autodesk employee will reply back to this thread when we have more information.

Thank you,

Kris Berg
Message 13 of 13
fred9905

Hi kevinsworld,

Thanks for reporting that you met fusion 360 installing issue. From the install UI information, you were using the fusion 360 in mac system, right?

Currently, we need some more information to analyze this issue. Would you please help to send me your installing log file? The log file is "$HOME/Library/Logs/autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log" in mac system. For windows, we could find it as ""C:\Users\{sys account}\AppData\Local\Autodesk\autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log"". My email is xuebin.li@autodesk.com.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks,

Fred

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report