Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing export and shifted lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
grazvydas
2469 Views, 4 Replies

drawing export and shifted lines

Hello,

I want to create simple drawing template with my own title block and border. I did template in AutoCAD, then imported everything in Fusion 360 and did a template. There is a picture what I can see in Fusion:

1 view.PNG

When I want to export my drawing (in this case - template) to pdf, this is what I getting in pdf reader:

2 view.PNG

as you can see - there are additional lines in left and in the bottom. I thought, that I did something wrong and tried to export in dwg to check, maybe there is something wrong with dimensions, but not. this is the view, what I can see in AutoCAD:

3 view.PNG

even then, I tried to check everything in Fusion 360 web viewer, and there is the same view like in pdf:

4 view.PNG

Then, I tried to check the same things with standard template from Fusion, and the results are the same like mine. I think there could be a bug.

I attached my templates, you can check in.

Or maybe I did something wrong? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cmiller66
in reply to: grazvydas

Hi grazvydas,

Just confirming the files attached were the output drawings from Fusion, not the initial drawings used for the titleblock (I can't insert these since they contain unsupported objects like blocks).

When I open the A4 drawing in AutoCAD and BEDIT the block I see the sheet outline in addition to the border/titleblock:

A4 in BEDIT.png

I agree this should not be here.  If I edit the drawing (re-insert the block in model space with lower right corner at 0,0, Purge all and delete that border) I see:

Purged in Model Space.png

Which when used in Fusion results in:

Purged Titleblock in Fusion.png

I'd have to see the drawing you are initially inserting as the titleblock to make sure (you can email to christopher.miller@autodesk.com), but if it's included in the titleblock drawing, you don't want that extra rectangle for the size of the sheet, just the border and titleblock.  I'm attaching the purged version of your file so you can try it and see if that works correctly.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 3 of 5
grazvydas
in reply to: cmiller66

Thank you for reply. We can continue our conversion.

I did this external border just for the same reason like Fusion has in its own templates  - to know, where are the corners and to be sure, that my drawing is exact on sheet, where I want that it should be:

1 pic.png

Removing this external border just hide the problem, but not solving it - if you will print my template and measure distances from left, right, top and bottom to internal border - you will see:

Left margin is 22 mm, right - 8 mm ( this should be - 20 and 10 mm). The drawing (and the borders too) must be precise, is it true? 

As I mentioned before, I did the same experiment with standard Fusion template, so the results:

The view in Fusion:

2 pic.PNG

View in pdf:

3 pic.PNG

I think that these external corners are visible.

And finally - the view in A360 web platform:

4 pic.PNG

I starting to believe that the problem is not in my template:) ( I attached pure Fusion drawing template). Also, I attached my template for drawing (.dwg) from which I did my template in Fusion.

Finally, another problem with drawings, but related with A360 platform - I put .idw file in A360 and this is what I saw in browser:

5 pic.PNG

And the view in Inventor:

6 pic.PNG

Message 4 of 5
cmiller66
in reply to: grazvydas

Hi grazvydas,

OK, thank you for the clarification. I misunderstood the original post, thinking the issue was that extra border appearing.  The issue is that what appears exact in Fusion:

BorderOffset.png

Is not when printed or output to pdf, resulting in the corner geometry not exactly coinciding with the corner of the actual sheet.  I see we have a bug logged for this (FDWG-7277) I will add your comments to the defect.

The A360 issue is outside my area of expertise, but I will find the right person and forward the .idw issue to them.

Thanks,
Chris

Message 5 of 5
cmiller66
in reply to: cmiller66

Hi grazvydas,

One more request, could you attach or if you'd rather email directly send me (christopher.miller@autodesk.com) the idw you show in your post?  I'd like to reproduce the issue here then forward to the correct team.

Thanks,
Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report