Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension between two curves or circles in a sketch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
woodenclocks
3536 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension between two curves or circles in a sketch

If I have two holes side by side in a body and want to dimension between them, I only appear to have the ability to get a centre to centre  dimension. Is it possible to dimension the shortest distance between edges of the hole or even the outside edges.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: woodenclocks

Use a construction line.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Aadithya01
in reply to: woodenclocks

hey @woodenclocks

check out this video 

http://autode.sk/2kzlNBN

This is only currently possible with Fusion 360 . If you got an answer from this post . Please click "accept as solution"

Message 4 of 6

Here's how to do it when the holes are not horizontally or vertically aligned, using a line and 2 coincident constraints.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for all your responses, I had actually been using the two parallel construction lines to achieve the result, but it felt like too much hard work I was sure there was some simple menu item that I was missing. I am new to Fusion 360 but have used Solidworks for some years which of course has this feature.

Not that I'm complaining, I retired recently and lost the Solidworks licence and could not afford to renew it, but Fusion 360 is such a great alternative and so much less expensive that I can now continue with my own clock designs at my website www.woodenclocks.co.uk

Message 6 of 6
Aadithya01
in reply to: HughesTooling

That's also a very good method .. 

But there can be options like when we select two circles for dimensioning and if we do right click .. some options can pop up .. like min distance , max distance and center to center distance  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report