Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compute All Results in Errors that Cannot be Found

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
neljoshua
654 Views, 10 Replies

Compute All Results in Errors that Cannot be Found

I have a large design in which I am making substantial changes.  To this end, I created a duplicate of the model (which had no errors before) and began working with it.  The basic structure is the same, but many internal components have changed (fewer heat exchangers, for example).

In any event, after working on it for awhile, I performed a "Compute All".  Upon so doing, I was ceremoniously informed that I had a number of errors.  These errors, however, are not something that I know how to repair.  I am unable to find them in the browser or timeline.  The only time they are visible is when I click on the error message (they show up in the window).

Another interesting point: when I perform another function (such as create a new sketch, make a new joint, or insert a component), the errors all disappear.  They do, however, appear when performing "Compute All" again.

As I believe it unwise to proceed with errors in the model, I would like to rectify them.  Any help is appreciated.

Addendum:
In the time it took me to create this post, the errors disappeared again.  Note the lack of warning triangle at the bottom right of the screen.

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 13.55.08.png

__

If this post answered your question, please select "Mark as Solution" in order to help others who may have the same (or a similar) question.

Lenovo Thinkpad P1, 2.70 GHz Intel Xeon, 32.0 GB, Windows 10 Pro
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
brianrepp
in reply to: neljoshua

Hey @neljoshua - we've seen a few similar cases lately here and here, would you mind sharing your design with us?  @bespenship has been doing some investigation, so please send to him at brent.espenship at autodesk.com .

Message 3 of 11
neljoshua
in reply to: brianrepp

Thanks, @brianrepp.

I will share the design.
__

If this post answered your question, please select "Mark as Solution" in order to help others who may have the same (or a similar) question.

Message 4 of 11
neljoshua
in reply to: brianrepp

@brianrepp were you able to discover anything?  Perhaps something I goofed up?

__

Message 5 of 11
bespenship

Hi Josh,

I've started working with your design.  Nothing obvious jumps out at me, but I am working with a few other customers who are having similar issues with referenced components in an assembly, so I am confident it is not just you.  Given the size of the assembly and number of referenced components, it shouldn't be anything Fusion can't handle.  I may not be seeing the same issues as you because I downloaded the design as exported assembly (F3Z) and importing the file re-constructs all of the referenced components, potentially eliminating the issues in the process.  Thank you again for sharing your design - I'll keep working the problem on my end.  Would you be able / willing to have a sharing session if I am unable to reproduce the issues on my end?

Cheers,

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 6 of 11
neljoshua
in reply to: bespenship

@bespenship,

Thanks for taking the time.

Yes, if you think that having a sharing session would help uncover something, I would be willing to do that.

Fyi--I am on MST and work a fairly typical schedule.

__

Message 7 of 11
neljoshua

@bespenship,

I am not sure if you have worked any more on this, but I just noticed something with this model (have been doing a ton of physical building and some coding over the last month, so I have not been CADing as much).  It appears that these mystery errors reference joints that are no longer in the design.  See the screen shot below.

Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 15.55.27.png

__

Message 8 of 11
neljoshua

@bespenship,

Any word on this?  I am now seeing this error in other designs--ones I have created within the last week.  As can be seen below, it seems that the error references a joint that is no longer in existence.  There are no errors shown in the timeline, either.  If one carries out an operation (such as editing a sketch or saving the file), the error goes away.  It comes back any time a compute all is performed.

I would really like to remove these errors from my designs, but I am unsure of how to do so.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 12.51.43.png

__

Message 9 of 11
TrippyLighting

That's a known issue and has been logged as a bug.

Peter Doering
Message 10 of 11
bespenship

Hey Josh,

I did continue to work with the design and (as Trippy mentioned) the issue has been logged in our system earlier in the year.  Unfortunately, there is not a cleaner workaround to resolve the errors than what you discovered.  I've been adding your information also to help our developers resolve the issue.  I'm following to get an update on when we can resolve this.

Cheers,

Brent Espenship
Fusion 360 Quality
Macbook Pro retina - MacOS X 10.11.5 (main)
WIndows 7 Notebook
Message 11 of 11
neljoshua

@bespenship & @TrippyLighting,

Thanks for the update.  I am glad to know that it has been logged.

Although it does not appear to have any adverse effects, I look forward to a fix.

__

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report