Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleanup duplicate sketch elements?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LibertyMachine
7051 Views, 3 Replies

Cleanup duplicate sketch elements?

As I'm drawing up a fixture for work, I notice that my laptop is starting to struggle (in sketch mode, and yes, it's an older PC)

I first thought it was because of all the constraints and dimensions, of which there are many. However, after I deleted a line, I noticed that it was still there, and again, and again. At some point I must of CTRL+C, CTRL+V and pasted it right over itself, a few layers deep. Is there any function to cleanup duplicate lines?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Davidf01
in reply to: LibertyMachine

I would like to know if there is something like this also.

Message 3 of 4
jjurban55
in reply to: LibertyMachine

You probably know about this but I thought I would mention it, that first of all you can know what is superimposed by left mouse clicking and holding to bring up a list of superimposed features that can then be selected.  But a quick way to delete multiple duplicate features would be to go to Select > Selection Filters and uncheck Select Through, so that then when using a click and drag selection box, only the top most superimposed features will be selected, and then can be deleted, repeating this until only left with one "layer".  

Jesse

Message 4 of 4
jeff_strater
in reply to: jjurban55

Unfortunately, there is no "cleanup sketch" automatic or semi-automatic tool today in Fusion.  Inventor had the "sketch doctor", which helped, but I don't think it actually got a lot of usage.  It would be a good enahncement, I agree, you should put it on the IdeaStation.

I tend to do exactly what Jesse suggested:  use Select Other to get a list of the curves or points at any location.  If there is only one, then I'm golden.  If there are duplicates, just select the extra ones and delete them:

select other sketch.png

Jeff Strater (Fusion development)

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report