Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing arrow head on leader text in Fusion 360 drawings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rapiddsol
3012 Views, 3 Replies

Changing arrow head on leader text in Fusion 360 drawings

Hello All,

Long time lurker first time poster.

To date I have been able to find most of my answers in these forums or elsewhere.

This one has me stalled out.

As the subject states I would like to change the arrow head on my leader text from an arrow to a dot.

And while I am at it I would like to change the dimensioning and note text defaults. I changed the font in my preferences but it did not take affect (perhaps is I close and re-open the drawing).

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

RDS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ahreum.ryu
in reply to: rapiddsol

Hi @rapiddsol

Thank you for posting.Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, we are not support it yet. this is drawing road map

here is Fusion idealStation so you would suggest your idea through it. if you posted it, I will vote it as well. 

I feel Fusion 360 drawing is growing gardually  so that it will be using it later. Heart

if you need more help, please let me know! I will be happy to support you! 

Many thanks, 

Message 3 of 4
andrew.de.leon
in reply to: rapiddsol

HI @rapiddsol,

As a @ahreum.ryu mentioned, the ability to change a leader's arrowhead is not yet supported. So please do post to the idea station.

Regarding your other question, it is possible to change the font and text height used by dimensions and text in your drawings. It sounds like you've already made changes within Preferences which is correct. However, Preferences only affects new drawings you create; each new drawing is setup using the configuration within Preferences so changing Preferences won't update existing drawings. For your existing drawings, open them one by one, and click on Annotation Settings (found in the bar at the bottom of the screen to the right of pan, zoom and fit). This menu provides all the options available to change within the current drawing; its includes font, text height, dimension precision and a few others (similar options to whats in Preferences). Make your necessary changes, which should be immediately applied to all existing dimensions and text, and save.

And here's a quick tip, once you have a drawing setup the way to want it; with the standard, font, text height, dimension precision, general notes, sheet size, title block (including your company logo), etc., save it as a drawing template so you can re-use it next time you're creating a new drawing. By using a drawing template, the new drawing is setup using the configuration within the drawing template instead of Preferences. So hopefully it will save you some time.

Hope this helps.

Andrew de Leon
Experience Designer - Fusion 360

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), OSX 10.15.7, in Sydney, Australia
Message 4 of 4
rapiddsol
in reply to: andrew.de.leon

Thanks Andrew,

I had not discovered the Annotation settings down there so that definitely helps.

I have set up my templates but obviously with less than desirable attributes so I will have to go back and re-format those.

Thanks again,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report