Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot leave offline mode for about 3 days

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tigertooth4
472 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot leave offline mode for about 3 days

Hi,

From about 3 days ago, I've noticed my fusion cannot leave offline mode. Online mode was ok before that. I didn't change network connections and it just went like so.

After that I've tested some different DNS settings, went somewhere else (with different network environments) , changed to my other laptop, but with no luck to come back to online mode. I can access myhub.autodesk.com and this forum through the browser. 

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

Best,

XJ

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi XJ,

Sorry to hear you're unable to go back online. I assume you're not accidentally in the manual Offline mode. Can you please share your diagnostic log files so we can try and debug the issue? It will tell us why Fusion thinks it needs to be offline.

Thx and regards,
Ahsan
Ahsan Ali
Fusion Senior Software Architect
Message 3 of 7

Hi Ahsan,

Thanks for helping! This is the log file.

Best,

XJ

Message 4 of 7

Hi XJ,

Thanks for the log files. I can see that the manual offline option is set on your machine. Due to this, Fusion is putting you in Offline mode whenever you start it. Can you see if you can switch out of t? You'll find the "Work Offline" command in the menu under your name on the top right corner. Same place as the Preferences command.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and we can try some alternative steps.
Thx
Ahsan
Ahsan Ali
Message 5 of 7

Hi Ahsan,

It seems the "work offline " option is checked and displayed in grey color. I've tried unchecking it , but it

doesn't work.

Best,

XJ

Message 6 of 7

Ok, I was afraid of this. There are two options:
- Go to the Preferences Dialog and reset your options by clicking on "Restore Defaults". Unfortunately, this will mean you'll lose all your preference changes
- Alternatively, take the attached file and paste it into the following folder:

/Users/root1/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Neutron Platform/Options

Overwrite the file existing there.

The above is the folder for Fusion installed from Mac App Store.

If you'd instead installed from Autodesk.com, the folder would be:

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Neutron Platform/Options

Hope that helps

Thx and regards,

Ahsan

Ahsan Ali
Message 7 of 7

Hi Ahsan,

It finally worked! Second method worked for me.

Firstly I tried restore default settings , but it didn't make the work offline option unchecked.

Then I tried the second one. It unchecked the checkmark but didn't bring the online mode back ( still offline). It turned out

to be my network problem, after switch to 4G network from my phone, online mode was back!

Then I changed back to wifi-network and now I can use fusion online!

Thanks for the help!

Best,

XJ 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report