Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't project to curved surface or body...

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
fenzo5
756 Views, 2 Replies

Can't project to curved surface or body...

Hello, I'm having a problem with Fusion, I can't project curves or any figure into curved objects, I saw a video: tutorial,  but I don't know why in my computer I get the error saying: "Warning: Not support projecting sketch geometry into same sketch, please change the target sketch or geometry.", I tried creating a new project and doing exactly the same as in the video but I keep getting the same error, I'll attach some screenshots...

Basically what I'm trying to do it's under extrude some parts of a mud guard (second screenshot) and doit in the curved part of the object so I need to project to the surface so if someone knows how to solve it or what I'm doing wrong please help me.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HughesTooling
in reply to: fenzo5

The error message pretty much covers it, you can't project curves in the current active sketch. Close the sketch you have, start a new sketch then use project with the new sketch active.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
fenzo5
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thanks Mark, it worked, now I can't believe how I couldn't do it hahahaha...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report