Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Can't create a drawing of a single component - always joins entire project

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
claybuddy
469 Views, 1 Reply

Bug: Can't create a drawing of a single component - always joins entire project

I am trying to create a drawing set of sheets in Fusion that I can take into the workshop and build a table.

The table component has 3 sub components, and each sub component has 5 to 8 sub-sub components.

I'm familiar with the process or Right click on component-> Create Drawing.

I've done about a dozen projects and drawing sets.

It's tedious and I wish there were a better way in Fusion to project simple views, but I do this maybe 100 times to create a drawing set.

But that's another story.

I've run into what I think is a bug.

With the last update of Fusion maybe 2 weeks ago, now when I right click on a component, say a side stretcher piece for a top platform of the table, and do Create Drawing.

It wants to put the entire picture of the table in the drawing.

Fusion 1 month ago would just put the side stretcher piece down and I select the view and place it.  Easy.

Now I place the whole table into a drawing, and there's no way to deselect the components I don't want.

It Always shows the whole table.

Now it's as if an entire project is jointed together and cannot be separated in a Drawing.  Why?

I created the components separately, just so I could call out dimensions in a drawing.

This is not helpful as I'm trying to draw about 10 different components and label their dimensions and references.

Yes, I could just set up my computer in the workshop and just use the Inspect tool to measure everything as I go, getting saw dust and glue all over my computer, but isn't the power of CAD to be able to produce drawings onto paper, make changes and be able to communicate with other people?

I feel like Fusion has taken a step backward in reversing the Drawing functionality (or introducing a bug).

Does anyone else know how to get the simple right click component Create Drawing functionality back in Fusion?

I was depending on it.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
HughesTooling
in reply to: claybuddy

I think it might be a problem with your install. I just tried creating a drawing for a single component and it worked OK. Can you make a screencast to show what you're seeing. What version are you using mac or pc?

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report