Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk University - Class Recordings Now Available!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
brianrepp
4765 Views, 10 Replies

Autodesk University - Class Recordings Now Available!

As many of you are aware, we recently held our largest annual user event in Las Vegas, Autodesk University.  There’s nothing quite like attending the conference in-person, but for those who couldn’t make it, many of the sessions are recorded and/or class content is available for you to view on-demand.  HUGE thanks to all of the instructors, it was by far the best AU we’ve had!

Note, some classes have incredibly detailed and useful handouts (even if there isn’t a recording published), so don’t forget to check those out!  There were so many great sessions, but here’s just a small sampling of some of the more popular classes:

Fusion 360 101: Introducing Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Modeling Tips from the Experts

Transform your Approach to Product Development with Fusion 360

Use Direct Modeling in Fusion 360 to Take Your Models to the Next Level

Fusion 360 Assemblies Master Class

Integration of Textiles in Fusion 360

Product Surfacing with T-Splines and Parametric Solid Modeling Tools

It’s All in the Details: T-Splines Modeling and Photorealistic Rendering in Fusion 360

Simulation in Fusion 360 - Don’t Get “Stressed” Out

“Here, Manufacture This” Fusion 360 Drawings for Manufacturing

Fusion 360 CAM for CNC Programming Production Parts

Using Fusion 360 CAM Lathe Functionality in the Real World

Creating Fusion 360 Custom Commands

And many more.... for the full list of Fusion 360 sessions from AU 2016 Las Vegas visit HERE.

What was your favorite session? Chime in below!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CGPM
in reply to: brianrepp

Modeling tips from the experts with the PDF handout.  Why? Because a week before I watched this video I modeled 12 pallets for my milling machine.  Since they all fit the same receiver the pallets are all common except that each one holds a unique set of fixtures that all require unique mounting holes.  I used "paste as new" to copy all the pallets, now I need to modify features common to all pallets.  I will be redoing this one correctly this weekend, 3rd times a charm!

Thanks for advertising these more advanced videos.  I think there needs to be links to them in the Learning section.

Message 3 of 11
brianrepp
in reply to: CGPM

That's exactly what I wanted to hear - thanks @CGPM!  They did a great job with that class!  Agree about including on the Learning section, it's in the backlog.

Message 4 of 11
TrippyLighting

@brianrepp @CGPM Thanks for the positive feedback!

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 11
john.pahl
in reply to: TrippyLighting

@brianrepp

Looks like lots of great info. I can't wait to go over all of it, thanks!

Message 6 of 11
TrippyLighting

Many of the AU classes are associated with downloadable handouts in PDF format. However, these are hosted by Autodesk and as such they are static.

@jeff_strater and I decided to host our handout on Google docs as we intend to build the document out into something more complete. Here's a Link to the google docs document for "Modeling Tips From The Experts"

Peter Doering
Message 7 of 11

Great job, I like it!

Ben Korez
Owner, TESREG.com & Fusion 360 NewbiesPlus
TESREG - Fusion 360 Hardware Benchmark
Facebook | YouTube

Message 8 of 11
punking315

What a great resource!

Autodesk Fusion360 Team has really stepped up the development and communication of what's going on during the last several months. Much appreciated. Please keep up the good work.

Chris

Message 9 of 11
john.pahl
in reply to: punking315

The first one I watched the other day was, Fusion 360 Modeling Tips from the Experts.

I picked up more then a couple tips from both Jeff Strater and Peter Doerign, thanks guys!

Today I just got done watching, 3D Printing and Prototype Development with Fusion 360.

It was great to see and hear the thought process of a real world product as it went from start to finish. A big thank you to Steven Schain and Jerry Berns.

As someone who was not able to make it to the 2016 show It's great to be able to have access to these video's.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 10 of 11
ambiroa

This is awesome!

It’s All in the Details: T-Splines Modeling and Photorealistic Rendering in Fusion 360

This one doesn't load the video. I think it's not loading the entire page properly.

EDIT: Nevermind, this is probably one of the lectures without a recording 😉

Message 11 of 11
matdavies74

thanks for posting this

M

Matt Davies
Creative Arts Director
British International School Chicago - South Loop
@DTatBISC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report