Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Quandary

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cbales
475 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly Quandary

Have I screwed up my assembly?  The Trolley assembly requires two identical SIDE PLATES and ADJUSTING SHIMS.  In my attempt to make an identical copy of each of those parts I inadvertently created a SIDE PLATE component (?) inside the SIDE PLATE sub-assembly (?).  I did the same with the ADJUSTING SHIM parts.  In fact, I'm not even sure what I've done and whether it is OK or it's going to screw up my assembly.

A larger question is: how do you properly create identical parts in an assembly?  

assembly.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: cbales

That would be much easier to answer if you could share your design.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 7
cbales
in reply to: TrippyLighting

How can I do that?  Use "Share Public Link"?

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting

That is one way to do it.

Or you could export it as a .f3d file (Native Fusion 360 ) and attach it to you next post.

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 7
cbales

OK. Here is the .f3d file of the assembly - http://a360.co/2qfjnKR

Hope that works.

Message 6 of 7
TrippyLighting

I created a lengthy screencast outlining where you make mistakes and demonstrate techniques how fix these an refactor the design.

Peter Doering
Message 7 of 7
cbales

Thanks so much!  That was a very insightful and helpful video.  It helped with a lot of process things that I was not aware of and will help me and my students as we get into more complex assemblies.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report