Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Magic Mouse

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sohnrog
2375 Views, 4 Replies

Apple Magic Mouse

Hi guys,

I just got a new mac and it came with a "magic mouse"  It has no buttons though and I'm struggling to pan and orbit with it.  Do you guys have ways of making it work?

Roger

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Stuart-H
in reply to: sohnrog

not the answere you may want to hear

i use the new larger track pad and its fine but the down side is they are not cheap good news is they are rechargeable from the lighting connector in a hour 1m min charge give a hour of use

two fingers and rotate ,pinch ect just like the gestures on a Ipad , ( ok you cannot run f360 on a ipad as sutch but the gestures are the same ) 

Stuart

Mac Studio M1Max and MacBook Pro M1
Message 3 of 5
TrippyLighting

I have two more suggestions:

1. For CAD and other 3D work use a differnt mouse with a clickable scroll wheel. I've never been able to get the magic mouse to work well with any of the 3D apps I work with (Geomagic Design, Blender, Fusion 360). For 3D work the tactile feedback of a real mouse wheel has distinctive advantages over the magic mouse.

2. there are two apps that will basivally extend the settings on the Mac to allow configuring the magic mouse to have a virtual middle mouse button. the one I remember is magic prefs

3. You could try a 3D Connexion spave navigator.

Peter Doering
Message 4 of 5

Strong second to everything TrippyLighting says- while you can get third party apps to “create” a virtual middle mouse button on the magic mouse, I found the MM to be a terrible match for CAD-  Imprecise and way too easy to brush or bump and send your drawing into the stratosphere.  Personally I found the inexpensive (but corded and weird looking) WowPen mouse a great match for helping my wrist feel better, and having a clickable middle mouse button just works better for CAD. But above all, the basic 3D Connexion space Navigator is one of the best investments (<$100) I’ve made for CAD use. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 5 of 5
sohnrog

I just went and bought the magic track pad. Thanks for the suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report