Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha, Beta or Commercial?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
309 Views, 0 Replies

Alpha, Beta or Commercial?

My current CAD company started selling Alpha releases under the guise of Commercial releases on black Friday 2015 and that forced me to do a little research on the subject so as to get a legal refund.

There seems to be a remarkable lack of understanding concerning the software build chain as far as CAD companies are concerned.

This is not a dig at Autodesk because after my current company lied to us and stole our money, I started testing various CAD systems and found they are all doing it, which led to the conclusion that the CAD industry is in serious need of regulation.

When I was researching the build chain I found articles that said companies could charge for Beta releases but not for Alpha releases.

Should Fusion 360 be classified as an Alpha build at the moment, and should they should use a disclaimer such as FreeCAD does on their download page to warn people against using it for work purposes?

Autodesk may hate me for this but everybody should remember that this world was not built by head nodding sheep, unfortunately it is being destroyed by them.

The difference with Fusion 360 is that they give us a year’s free use, so everybody is well aware of what they will be getting into, kudos to Autodesk for that.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report