Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Open PDF Files in Autodesk

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
1618 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to Open PDF Files in Autodesk

Hello,

I have multiple PDF Adobe Acrobat files that will not open in Autodesk Design Review. (the free version). I receive the below error when trying "There was a problem displaying the page". Does anyone know of why this error is occurring and how to fix it? I was able to access 2 of my PDF documents.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: 081719902015

ADR is only available for free BTW

Try a better PDF viewer: hundreds out there for free too. ADR hasn't been updated since the year 2012.
Message 3 of 5
kingsboy48
in reply to: 081719902015

Hi, I am using ADR 2013 and cannot open PDF files, my colleague has the same software and she has no problem opening PDFs. I get an error message of 'Cannot create needed importer'.

I also take snips using the 'snipping tool' which get sent to my clipboard but I also cannot paste them into a DWF. I used to be able to open PDFs and paste a snip but now neither work and my PC setup has not changed.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: kingsboy48

Reinstall the software perhaps, or get a better freebie to do what you want in PDF designed for PDF files https://www.foxitsoftware.com/
Message 5 of 5
kingsboy48
in reply to: kingsboy48

Hi, thanks for your reply. We did re-install the software but it failed to improve anything. From our CAD system (Inventor) we create DWFs for engineers to markup up and for checking. We want to keep our file formats the same hence why we want to stick with ADR. We often get client drawings in PDF that we open with ADR, save in DWF format and they can similarly be marked up.
Opening PDFs used to work fine, then it worked sporadically now fails to work at all!

Robin Davidson | Drafting Checker
PHONE +1.613.744.5794 ext. 2256
MOBILE
EMAIL Robin.Davidson@mdsaero.com
WEB | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

[MDS]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report