Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Order

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sgrubbsS6Q6H
465 Views, 5 Replies

Display Order

How can I set and keep my redline markups on top of imported images such as TIFFs or JPEGs? After I create the markup the image moves to the top to cover the comment. I've tried locking the comment and/or the image but that does not help. Is there a layering manager or "display order" setting for markups to always be on top?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: sgrubbsS6Q6H

Which came into the file first, the images or the markups?
Message 3 of 6
sgrubbsS6Q6H
in reply to: pendean

Images. I want to redline over the dragged-in images.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

I can only replicate your issue if I select the image, after markup, and do anything with it. if it's locked and I do not specifically touch the image, nothing moves.

You will need to select all the markups, not the image, and they should go back on top (unlock them first, lock them afterwards).

Using ADR2013 here.
Message 5 of 6
sgrubbsS6Q6H
in reply to: pendean

Correct, selecting image causes it to move to top, over comments. And if image completely covers comments, the comments are not visible nor selectable without also selecting the image. Working on redlines without accidentally selecting image is not practical. So how can I make comments remain on top?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

It's a challenge but you can select the comments if you keep the image out of your selection window. It's not ideal, but hey, it's a free program with "free" abilities that no one pays for on a program that Autodesk abandoned in the year 2012, so it's not ideal. Do your best with it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report