Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Siganture details X509 error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sizz.idesign
5390 Views, 6 Replies

Digital Siganture details X509 error

Dear all,

I am having some trouble regarding the digital signature feature. When I open the file, the "view signature details" window appears and the message shown is:

"The X509 chain could not be built up to the root certificate. The key usage is not valid. It is not possible to determine whether the certificate has been revoked. This can be due to the certificate revocation list (CRL) being offline or unavailable. The X509 chain is invalid because a certificate has excluded a name constraint. The online certificate revocation list (CRL) the X509 chain relies on is currently offline."

Is this "error" appearing because the computer is not connected to the internet? Because I tried to open the file on other two computers that have internet connection, and this message doesn´t show up. The "view signature details" window shows with the message "The certificate is valid".

Has anyone had this problem before? Do you know if the internet connection is the answer to this?

Thank you

Mariana

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: sizz.idesign

That's what digital signatures do: they call home to validate.
Message 3 of 7

I managed to solve this issue. I found the folder where the certificates were: C:\Program Files\Portugal Identity Card\eidstore\certs and right clicked on each one of them "Install Certificate" and followed the instructions to install each certificate on an archive selected by me which was called something like "root trusted certificates". After having installed them I re-signed the dwfx and no such error displayed anymore.

Message 4 of 7

I did what you said and the certification worked but it says the signature is not valid.

Message 5 of 7

I'm in the same situation. Still getting same error message.

TellDunkin

Message 6 of 7

Hello,

The same situation happened to me and I managed to solve it like anaritamfolgado.

Going to the folder with the certificates, I selected the one that included my card, and then installed it. 

In the second step of the installation, you can either automatically proceed, or choose a folder from a selection presented. At that point, you will choose the one that says "authorized root certificates" (translation from portuguese).

After doing that, the error stopped showing and now it says that the certificate is valid.

Message 7 of 7

Hi,
Thanks. I also followed her instructions and ended up getting it right. Hopefully Autodesk will release a Mac version so that I don’t have to partition my computer just for this operation.
Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report