Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Design Review installation issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
836 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Design Review installation issues

I am a cabinet designer. I use 20/20 design software on a daily basis. A colleague recommended Autodesk Design Review.

I specifically want to add dimensions to blue prints that are sent to me in PDF form.  

I have a new Lenovo ideapad Y700. I have downloaded Autodesk Design Review, but I am having issues with it.

The drop down menu for "MEASURE" does not work, so I cannot change the scale. I have tried adding dimensions to items that I already know the dimensions of and the measurements are incorrect.

I have tried right clicking then selecting "2D Units & Scale" and changing the scale. However, the same problem persists.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

This is not the software for what you want to do: unless you get perfectly scaled 100% ideal PDF or DWF files all the time.

Are you doing take-offs?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

First, an update. When I right click and change the setting under "2D Units & Scale", the measurements appear to be correct (using known dimensions as a reference). The drop down menu for  "MEASURE" still does not work.

The reason I am attempting to use this is a colleague suggested it. He uses it with success. In the past I have zoomed in/out and printed until I got the drawings for the rooms I need to print to scale (using existing measurements as a reference). This was time consuming and wasted paper.

Once I have the correct measurements from the rooms I need, I then draw the walls in 20/20 design software and start designing the cabinets.

Do you have a suggestion for software?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

I suggest you and your colleague sit down together at your PC with your file and have them walk you through how they like to use it. Then you decide if it is what you want to do with this this software.

Otherwise, purchase a raster-to-vector converter software that will transfer a scan PDF to a cad file, or grab a CAD program that can convert vector PDFs to CAD, and have it convert the file for you. Then you can skip this long-winded two-step process you are setting yourself up to use just to get a drawing in CAD format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report