Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arc length of markup cloud

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
iainsavage
3611 Views, 11 Replies

arc length of markup cloud

Is there a way of changing the length/radius of the arcs in markup clouds? Some of my clouds appear as ovals etc because the overall size of the cloud is obviously too small in comparison to the arc setting.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
SilviaCao
in reply to: iainsavage

Thank you for your question.

Yes, the arcs of markup cloud can be edited.

Please follow these steps.

1. Please double click the markup in Autodesk Design Review (ADR) to activate the markup. There will be some snap points displaying around the markup.

2. Please drag one of the snap points to change the length/radius of the markup cloud.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Silvia

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 12
iainsavage

Silvia,
Thanks for this but what I was more interested in is if there is a way of changing the default setting for the length of each arc segment (e.g. in autocad the "revcloud" command has an "arc length" variable). What I'm finding is that some of my "clouds" appear more like deformed ellipses because they only contain two or three segments due to the arc length being too large in relation to the overall size of the cloud.
Message 4 of 12

Actually I am facing the same problem, the only solution I found is to make your sheet A0 size (or any large paper size) before exporting it to DWF:

1-Right click on layout name in AutoCAD and select page setup manager.

2-Select modify to the current page setup of your layout.

3-Change paper size to A0 or A1 (you have to select any PDF plotter you have in the list of "Plotter Name")

4-Then press ok and export the layout to DWF.

But I prefer to have an option in (ADR) to control the arc length of revision cloud.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12
Devinhdl

Start the command, "REVCLOUD" then type in 'A' to specify the sub-command, "Arc Length", then specify your new arc length.

Or, if you have tricky, funny looking arcs near the corners of your cloud, you can always manually stretch each arc out by selecting their nodes.

Message 6 of 12
ebedar
in reply to: SilviaCao

Silvia,

I have with the same problem. Is there's any setting to change the revision cloud? (arc size)

Thanks,

Emman

Message 7 of 12
kzamiti

Am facing same issue, as i know, unfortunately there is no option to modify arc length in DWF (ADR).

Hope AUTODESK will resolve that issue.

Message 8 of 12
Bekim.Taylor

SIGH

Message 9 of 12
bela.favor

due to the arc length being too large in relation to the overall size of the cloud.

Message 10 of 12
pendean
in reply to: bela.favor

ADR is a dead desktop software: there will never be any new features added.
Message 11 of 12

I have this same issue. All i do is make a large cloud, then select the object and scale it down to the size I need. Works perfectly and is much faster than individually adjusting arcs. Hope this helps, not sure if anyone is still following this issue or not.

@iainsavage 

Message 12 of 12

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try it next time I use ADR.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report