Data Exchange Community
Welcome to the community conversation around interoperability workflows enabled by Autodesk Data Exchange Connectors, SDKs, and APIs. What are Data Exchanges? Instead of sharing a file, share a subset of geometry and properties from your model for use in other apps!

Learn more on our landing page.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add 3d Viewer on power bi

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
arsanious.abtnagoZG5H9
324 Views, 12 Replies

Cannot add 3d Viewer on power bi

based on the new release Data exchange connector , i should find something called "Data Source".Viewer when i load the data exchange into Power BI. However, i cannot find it , even if the Data exchanged published on ACC with a 3D viewer. Any thoughts ?

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hello @arsanious.abtnagoZG5H9 ,

You need to load the Data Exchange itself using the Get Data > 'Autodesk Data Connector for PowerBI'.

rakeshborse_0-1724933780416.png

Message 3 of 13

Hello @arsanious.abtnagoZG5H9,

If possible could you please share the .pbix file and also provide access to the Exchange to me rakesh.borse@autodesk.com?

I will try to reproduce the issue at my end.

Message 4 of 13

Hello, 

it is what i have done , However, when i load the data exchange on power bi using get Data then  'Autodesk Data Connector for PowerBI , i can find the data exchange but there is no 3D inside as it has been mentioned in the release notice.

Message 5 of 13

Hello @arsanious.abtnagoZG5H9,

If possible could you please share the .pbix file and also provide access to the Exchange to me rakesh.borse@autodesk.com?

I will try to reproduce the issue at my end.

Message 6 of 13

I cannot give you access to the exchange for a security reason protocol , can you please arrange a conference call to show you the issue ?

Message 7 of 13

taking into consideration that iam using Revit 2023 not Revit 2024 and i have a

colleague did the same steps than me but on Revit 2024 and it worked.

Message 8 of 13

@arsanious.abtnagoZG5H9 

Are you available now or in hour or so? Please send me a zoom or teams meeting invite at rakesh.borse@autodesk.com. We can connect.

Message 9 of 13

i will send it to you right now . is it ok for you ?
Message 10 of 13

Yes please, Lets connect.

Message 11 of 13

i have sent you the invitation and waiting for you
Message 12 of 13

Thank you @arsanious.abtnagoZG5H9 for connecting over the call. I'm glad that you are unblocked and able to successfully load the Exhcange and viewer. The root cause for your issue of the latest v2.0.7 connector was not installed for you is the fact that you're not an admin and also with UAC disabled. In future, to avoid these issues, I recommend to enable User Account Control (UAC) for non-administrative users

• Enter administrator credentials when the system specifically requests them, contact your IT team for assistance.
  • In the Windows search bar, search and select Change User Account Control settings.
  • Move the slider to one of the following levels:
    • Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default)
    • Always notify
  • Select OK to save your changes
  • Select Yes to confirm the changes.

This will enable to prompt of Admin Credentials while installing.

Do let us know for any suggestions. 

Appreciate your patience.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rakesh Borse

Message 13 of 13

Thanks Rakesh for your support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report