Configurator 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Configurator 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Configurator 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angular2 C360 Libraries Ready?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
MRanda
1298 Views, 9 Replies

Angular2 C360 Libraries Ready?

I have been waiting since last year this time for a way to connect with C360 to create more compelling sites. I was told that there are libraries in development, but they would not be available until August or so, but it is now December and my trial version of C360 is again about to expire with no libraries to speak of. I now have several clients and some very cool concepts for up-selling products while masking longer model run-times and other things that we want to finalize -- but nowhere to go with it. C360 has so much potential yet seems abandoned most of the time. Is there anyone working on the libraries? Our client cannot use C360 as-is. We need better access to our models in a SPA format. Any news at all on this?

Intel i7-6700K Liquid Cooled CPU
MSI GTX GeForce 1080 AERO 8GB OC Graphics
32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
4TB SSHD File Server Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Applied Design Intelligence
http://applieddesignintelligence.com/
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
eugene.rymski
in reply to: MRanda

Have you seen Angular2 library and sample created by D3 Technologies?

Regards,

- Eugene Rymski

Message 3 of 10
MRanda
in reply to: eugene.rymski

Yes I have. They don't work and are incomplete.

32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Message 4 of 10
GeorgeWilliams

Hi Mark,

I just tried the link for the sample listed above on a few different machines and browsers, and I’m not seeing any issues.  What type of errors are you seeing?  We also haven’t seen any issues created for the library or the sample created in github.  Logging any issues you find (either with the sample or the library itself) in github will not only help us to understand what you’re seeing, but it might also help others who are running into the same issue(s). 

Also, just a reminder that both the sample and the library are open source with an MIT license, so you are welcome to contribute fixes or even fork the repository and take it in whatever direction you’d like to take it.  Hope that helps!

George Williams
D3 Technologies - Automation Solutions
************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 5 of 10
MRanda
in reply to: GeorgeWilliams

I’m getting an error that causes the busy indicator (spinning gears) to stay visible indefinitely, the sample code for using individual parameters does not work at all, and others. I'll take a look again tonight, but I haven't had very much luck with this. The Angular1 version worked fine, but now that Angular2 has been released, it's pointless using that. 

32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Message 6 of 10
GeorgeWilliams

Hi Mark,

Were you able to debug the issue?  Any thoughts on what might be hanging it up?  We have not seen that issue yet with either Angular libraries.

Thanks,
George

George Williams
Message 7 of 10
MRanda
in reply to: GeorgeWilliams

Actually, you have seen the same issues. I talked with Ben and he has seen the same thing.

32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
Windows 10 Pro
Message 8 of 10
GeorgeWilliams

You're correct.  I see that email conversation now... looked back through emails from a month ago.

Can you post the issue (including steps to reproduce) to the GitHub site?  That will keep this issue on everyone's radar as an open issue until its resolved, and it will help whoever fixes it (us, you, someone else) to know they have successfully reproduced and resolved the issue(s).

Thanks!

George Williams
Message 9 of 10
ben.cameron

Hi Mark,

Just wanted to close the loop on this... An issue was logged in GitHub over the weekend (compile errors due to package.json not being updated), which is now fixed.  I also saw the busy indicator issue while I was fixing that one, so I created another issue for it.  That issue is also fixed and closed now.

You can see the two issues here:

https://github.com/D3Automation/angular2-c360-sample/issues

Hopefully one or both of those address the problems you've seen.  If not, please feel free to log another!

Thanks,

Ben

Message 10 of 10
MRanda
in reply to: ben.cameron

Hi Ben, Yes, that issue as well as another has been solved -- and I have a new one, but I'll post it over at GitHub. Thanks Ben!

32 Gigs DDR 4 Ram
500 GB SSD OS Drive
Windows 10 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report