Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability Issues...

165 REPLIES 165
Message 1 of 166
LibertyMachine
2226 Views, 165 Replies

Stability Issues...

Anyone else having serious stability issues? Prior to a few weeks ago, I could count on one hand the number of Fusion crashes I've experienced, and those I could always point to something stupid I was doing that lead to it. Now, I seem to be crashing at the least little thing. Go to Model, change a small feature, go back to CAM and click on the Setup. Freeze and Crash.

Open up an Operation, zoom in to select the proper chain. Crash.

Select a bunch of operations and CTRL+G. Crash.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this. You guys all know I love the software, so this isn't a rant, just more a plea out of desperation......

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
165 REPLIES 165
Message 81 of 166
bensbenz
in reply to: bmxjeff

I have had the crash doing both things, but I have noticed its more when I just finished editing the op and then click on it to see the toolpath.

I also have another issue that is happening since two updates ago, and that is when I open a new file in fusion 360, I cant rotate with my space mouse until I open the little 3dconnexion UI software, and most of the time when the window comes up it says "Inventor HSM" I click on the fusion 360 window again and then the 3dconnexion software recognizes it as fusion 360 and I can rotate the view. Maybe 3dconnexion is trying to tell me something.... 😉

Message 82 of 166
bensbenz
in reply to: Steinwerks

I used to just have the basic 3d mouse, and I had the same issues. Now I have the fancy pro one and have updated to the latest drivers, and it has not helped at all.

Message 83 of 166
bensbenz

@bmxjeff wrote:
Yeah, I unplugged my SpaceMouse and had no problems for 8 hours. Plugged it back in, and I get a crash. But, if I edit ops slow, it's more stable. This is a tough one.

I am on windows, and I have unplugged mine and it did seem a bit more stable, but I didn't actually remove the driver software so I don't know if that's a valid test or not. The software for it stil runs in the background whether its plugged in or not. Maybe it just seemed better because of how much slower I am without it, might as well tie my left hand behind my back...

Message 84 of 166
Steinwerks
in reply to: bensbenz

The reason I ask is to try and develop a baseline for stability and what exactly it's related to: the use of a 3D mouse or the drivers, or something else entirely. The more users that post their experiences, hopefully the faster it can be tracked down and resolved.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 85 of 166
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Steinwerks

Like @bensbenz, I am also using the Space Pro. Nice rig, btw. Fresh install of the 3dConnexion software and drivers for me

I mean, the common sense thing to do is to unplug and just go old school. Mouse and Keyboard. Crashes go away, we can point to the 3d mouse as a likely culprit.

Seth Madore
Message 86 of 166
bmxjeff
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Anyone know where we are on this issue? I'm still crashing and losing work several times a day. 

Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Hooper Machine and Design
[X] AUTODESK AMATUR ORDINARY
Message 87 of 166
LibertyMachine

Your call is important to us, please stay on the line

Smiley Tongue

Seth Madore
Message 88 of 166
Tianq

@bmxjeff, checked the CER reports, the crash is from the ticket FUS-27414, which is solved. The issue should be addressed soon.

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 89 of 166
bmxjeff

Can't wait for this! So pumped!
Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 90 of 166
Tianq

@bmxjeff, the fix of FUS-27414 is included in the update of October 5, 2016.

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 91 of 166
bensbenz
in reply to: Tianq

Installing now, fingers crossed! 🙂
Message 92 of 166
bensbenz

Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but I don't think this is fixed. I just tried creating a new setup on a part and crashed 4 times in a row. Unplugged my space mouse and it worked the first time. So I plugged in my space mouse back in, after fusion was already running and so far I have gotten through two setups without a crash. Not sure if that helps, but I will test that more tomorrow.
Message 93 of 166
bmxjeff

That sucks. Thanks @bensbenz . I working right now and it hasn't crashed once. .... but I'm not running the spacemouse : )
Jeff Hooper (Owner)
Message 94 of 166
Tianq

@bensbenz, I am sorry to hear that. Do you have a CER report ID so that I can track what is the issue?

Thanks!

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 95 of 166
LibertyMachine

How old are the drivers for the SpaceMouse?

I just went through a couple rather large files and was able to flip the part all over the place while I was running my regular mouse through the design/CAM tree. No crashes. I'll reserve further comment until it crashes again. But it's possible that this issue is gone.

Seth Madore
Message 96 of 166
macmanpb

I use the 3dconnexion SpaceMouse too and i have noticed, if i using the SM at the same time if i klick ok on a feature dialog or hit return on the keyboard Fusion360 has tendency to hang.

OK, i have to correct me. Since the last update of fusion360 this behavior seems to be gone.

Message 97 of 166
ARTHUR-HM

I got a spacemouse yesterday and used it all day at work after the latest update to Fusion. I didn't seem to have any crashes using it. I downloaded the drivers straight from their site. 

Message 98 of 166
bensbenz

The one from the last crash was: CER_137244884
Message 99 of 166
bensbenz

I am using the latest drivers available.
Message 100 of 166
bensbenz

Here's another one that just happened: CER_137281268

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report