Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting large numbers of contours for a single setup

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
169 Views, 2 Replies

Selecting large numbers of contours for a single setup

I'm trying to create a simple program to machine 88 holes into my waste board for threaded inserts. The problem I am having is that I must select 4 contours for every counter-bored hole. This gets old very quickly. 

I have tried dragging a window over the entire part from both left and right sides to no avail. Am I missing something, or can this not be done? One would think it's a simple action to select all possible contours with a click and drag,

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fredsi
in reply to: Anonymous

Without having the model its a difficult to be sure, but it looks like your holes are on a regular pattern...so have a look at programming the first instance of the hole and patterning the result with tool dominant (order by tool). 

Alternatively, export the file to .f3d and attach to post so others can have a look and comment.

Fred

Message 3 of 3
Steinwerks
in reply to: Anonymous

Exactly what @fredsi said. Right click your toolpath for one hole and select "Add to New Pattern" and go from there.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report