Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving default simulation settings?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
macnewbie
844 Views, 8 Replies

Saving default simulation settings?

Is there a way to save the tool, toolpath and stock settings permanently? I'd love to NOT have to enter my preferences every single time. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
schneik-adsk
in reply to: macnewbie

Have you looked into templates? It will allow you to create compete toolpath settings for reuse. It does not handle stock today. 

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 9
macnewbie
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thanks, I do use toolopath templates however I am asking specifically about saving simulation preferences.

Message 4 of 9
schneik-adsk

I got it. I'll add an idea station idea. I also added this to our CAM backlog for an upcoming update.

idea link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/cam-simulation-settings-should-rememb...

Thanks.

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 9
jeff.walters

I just double checked with a developer and this is on the list of things to add as well as setting defaults in the Setup. They don’t know when it will hit the street but its coming. 

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 6 of 9
macnewbie
in reply to: jeff.walters

Awesome Jeff, thank you for following up!

Message 7 of 9
jeff.walters

About the only thing you can do in this case because the system doesn’t see the patterned tool paths when it comes to rest machining, is to add caps on top of the part and select them and models in the operation and then the system will not go in the holes.

caps.png

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 8 of 9
paul
in reply to: jeff.walters

just seen this from 2015, is this ever going to happen, its a bit of a pain having to change it every time you go into F360.

Message 9 of 9
Ethibaudeau

Seems like this was finally added. Thanks!

But... one setting was missed which is the playback speed. It keeps defaulting to "Extremely Fast"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report