Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Tool Holder from CAM View?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ARTHUR-HM
590 Views, 5 Replies

Remove Tool Holder from CAM View?

I like working with tool holders on my tools during simulation. We do a lot of long reach and tilted work, and it's always great to see possible collisions with the tool holders modeled on screen.

However, I am hoping, or at least wish, that I could remove them from the main CAM screen. I know during simulation I can turn the holders off and see only the tool, which is great. Can this not be done when I'm in the CAM view, not simulation view? If I click on an operation, it would be very handy to be able to see exactly where the tool is on that tool path when it starts. Mainly to ensure the tool is starting off the part, and not plunging into stock. Currently, if I try to do this, the tool holder gets in the way a lot.

Here is an example...

holder.png

I click on the operation to see the tool and it's tool path, but the big holder is in my way. Would be great if there was an option to turn it off in that view. And maybe there is and I'm just not seeing it. If not, I'll have to put in a feature request.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: ARTHUR-HM

There is no way to turn that off yet. I swear I saw an Ideastation post about it but having trouble locating that.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 6
ARTHUR-HM
in reply to: Steinwerks

Bummer, thanks for the info. I'll see if I can't track down that post in ideastation

Message 4 of 6
CGPM

If you find it post it here so others can vote for it as I would love to have that option.

Message 5 of 6
ARTHUR-HM
in reply to: CGPM

I could not find it, so I just created my own. Can be found here...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/idb-p/125/tab/most-recent

Message 6 of 6
Steinwerks

This is the Idea I was thinking of over in the HSM Ideastation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-ideas/tool-and-holder-attached-to-cursor-on-edit-operation/idi-p/6...

And we have another example here of forum fragmentation unfortunately. @ARTHUR-HM I voted for your idea although I think it should apply to all the CAM distributions.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report