Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reducing lines generated by post processor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
camcompco
987 Views, 4 Replies

reducing lines generated by post processor

Hi there folks, this is my first post . . .and of course, it starts wth me being the student rather than the teacher 🙂

I am using a CNC mill that has a limit of N#### being <= 9999  where the #### is what is limited (N####), I believe I can have more lines.   I also believe there is no need for N line numbers when there is no change in either G-code commands or M-code commands.  I am wondering if anyone knows how to suppress the N numbers when all that is happening is x, y and z are changing directions under one G command (usually G1)

I am hoping that there is a "built-in" way to do this rather than resorting to coding up a process to accomplish this outside of F360

Also, if I list the x,y & z-movements (for example), do I have to separate them with a  ; and place them on their own line (without the traditional N### in front

I hope I am being clear here. . .happy to expand this request with examples if not 

Thanks to all that assist.

All the best

Camcompco

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LibertyMachine
in reply to: camcompco

The "built-in" method is an "across-the-board" toggle of N numbers. They are either on or off. 

2017-03-21_04h44_17.png

@camcompco wrote:

Also, if I list the x,y & z-movements (for example), do I have to separate them with a  ; and place them on their own line (without the traditional N### in front

I hope I am being clear here. . .happy to expand this request with examples if not 

Thanks to all that assist.

All the best

Camcompco

Not certain what you mean here. Are you talking about manually adding additional movement to the code after you process the job through F360? If so, no, you do not need to put the ;

G01 X1.Y1.F50.

G00 X5.

G1Y2.5F10

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 5
HybridMachinist

Also dont forget to use smoothing for less code as well.

Love U.S. Mfg.
Thomas Koelndorfer
loveusmfg@gmail.com
Message 4 of 5
camcompco
in reply to: HybridMachinist

Thanks for that suggestion, but, what exactly is smoothing and how do I turn it on?  I am relatively new to cam, I have mostly been using conversational Fanuc 21i

thanks again

John

Message 5 of 5
Steinwerks

There is a checkbox in the Passes tab of just about every toolpath.

There is a very good thread about it here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/understanding-smoothing/td-p/6636189

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums