Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Process Help converting Mastercam post to Fusion

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ejbglobal
891 Views, 7 Replies

Post Process Help converting Mastercam post to Fusion

Hi guys. 

I have a post for my lathe it's an old Cincinnati Falcon 200, the post is for Mastercam 7 which is an old program that i dont have anymore so i  want to convert it to fusion. i wanted to know if someone have an idea how to go about it or would like to help. please let me know.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Steinwerks
in reply to: ejbglobal

There is no way to convert a post processor from another CAM system. The HSM post is written in JavaScript, while Mastercam's and many others are completely proprietary.

That said, if you have a good sample of code then editing a current generic post to match is usually not a big deal. What is the control on your machine exactly? Many times there is a generic post already that's pretty close.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 8
ejbglobal
in reply to: Steinwerks

Hi Neal,

I have an old Cincinnati Falcon 200 its a lathe the control is Simmens A2100. the new simmens posts dont work on this machine. i have many programs i'll attach a 2 as a sample. 

Let me know what do you think. 

Eli. 

Message 4 of 8
jason35A49

For lathe programs I would just start from scratch, they are so quick and simple, why bother trying to convert them. If you have a drawing just whip it up, if not me or someone else here would certainly help you get going with it if you're new or unsure of how to do it.

Message 5 of 8
ejbglobal
in reply to: jason35A49

HI Jason, 

you think you can help me writing the post?. i'm not an expert when it comes to posts i have basic understanding at best. 

Let me know, Eli. 

Message 6 of 8
ejbglobal

Hi Jason, 

i didnt hear from you! are you interested in helping with this? 

Let me know.Eli

Message 7 of 8
ejbglobal
in reply to: Steinwerks

Hey Neal, 

i didn't hear back from you! any ideas

Message 8 of 8
Steinwerks

Sorry about that @ejbglobal

I would recommend heading over to the HSM CAM post subforum as there are folks a lot more familiar with the Siemens code style than me (IE at all really). Being so unfamiliar with it and now quite busy at work I don't have the time to devote to learning it unfortunately.

The HSM Post Processor subforum can be found here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/bd-p/218

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report