Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST FOR AN SCM ROUTER

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1080 Views, 20 Replies

POST FOR AN SCM ROUTER

I am trying to post from fusion to an SCM router. Not having any luck with the generic post from fusion post library.Can anyone provide some assistance?

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

What are the issues you are running into?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: LibertyMachine

i wrote a post a few days ago detailing my issues, but to cut a long story short, i changed the generic post to include a specific machine table field (from A to AB) and i changed the generic tooling file (from DEF to DEF_MATRIX) to the specific machine tool file i am posting too.

When i start the program, the machine picks up the relevant tool and travels to the first machining point, then dwells with the spindle running and stays like that. It doesnt progess any further into the rest of the program.

I have attached the code generated and i have also included a comparison program written in the machines native software.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 21
M_Price

Our HAAS does this if you don't put a decimal. like a X1 would need to be X1.

just hit me when i seen your post. It troubled me for a bit while hand writing code.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: M_Price

Thanks for the tip. I will try this tomorrow and see what results it yields.

Message 6 of 21
seanGPDQR

Did you ever get a post sorted for the scm router as im in need of one

Message 7 of 21

@seanGPDQR 

Did you tried the SCM post which is available in the post library?

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts?p=scm 

Boopathi Sivakumar
Senior Technology Consultant

Message 8 of 21

yes it says incorrect format when i try to simulate it on desktop software and the coding looks all wrong 

Message 9 of 21

@seanGPDQR 

Do you have any sample codes which is working fine with your machine, also if you have any programming manual please do attach it here.

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 10 of 21

@boopathi.sivakumar 

They use XYLOG Plus to run programs

We have

Morbidelli universal 3615

SCM pratix 48 NST

They both run from same post on my old software but that post has never worked 100% and had to lie when programing to get it do what I needed it to

and sorry i don't have the programing manual

Message 11 of 21
richard429LJ
in reply to: seanGPDQR

@seanGPDQR I was wondering if you got a post working for the SCM Pratix 48 NST.  I have just had this machine installed but am really struggling to create a good post.  I have been modifying a couple of generic SCM ones I have found however they don't seem to treat the codes correctly e.g. the XG0 commands on this machine are more of a "start a profile here" command rather than being rapids.

Would be grateful for any support or willing to pay for a working post.  Cheers. Richard

Message 12 of 21
seanGPDQR
in reply to: richard429LJ

@richard429LJ  Sorry cant help i was having same problem so gave up and still use old software i used before if i need to program then. i don't do many as most are done on the machines 

Message 13 of 21

It seems like programming this machine needs lot manual commands like sheet size, sheet offset from the corner, machining area, sheet holding command etc.. 
I got the manual somehow, I will create a initial post. Kindly DM me if someone is interested in testing the post

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 14 of 21

@boopathi.sivakumar yes it is a slightly odd one.  I have the programming manual and plenty of files of sample code which came on the machine's PC if they are of any help.  

I would be very keen on supporting any progress and happy to offer financial incentive if this helps!!  I had messaged few companies through the Services Marketplace but never heard back.  We have the machine sat there looking great but entirely useless 😂

@seanGPDQR Thank you for your reply.

Message 15 of 21

Kindly share the few sample codes and manual which you have... mine is quite old html format, definitely helpful for building the post.

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 16 of 21

Attached is zip with a bunch of random programs, and two manuals.  Particularly note the section titled "How to Use the Computer : Using Keyboard and Mouse".   Apparently a mouse should have a rubber ball on the bottom.

Message 17 of 21
richard429LJ
in reply to: richard429LJ

Here are attachments

Message 18 of 21
seth.madore

Oh those were the days.. Take out the ball and pass it around with the siblings, forget to put it back and watch your dad in horror as he tries to use it...

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 19 of 21

It seems the pmg files are encoded so I can't able to read the code.. Is is possible to get it in a readable format?

Boopathi Sivakumar

Message 20 of 21

Sorry about that, here they are in decompiled XXL format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report