Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter names for expressions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
905 Views, 7 Replies

parameter names for expressions

The online help says that holding down shift while over a parameter field will change the tooltip to show the parameter name (see below.)    I'm not seeing any change in the tooltip when I do that.  What am I doing wrong?

Failing that, is there a list of parameters names somewhere?  I've scavenged a few of them from other expressions but don't have the complete set.

From the online help:

capture2.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: Anonymous

To my knowledge that only works in HSMWorks.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

OK, I'll quit wearing out my shift key.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
Lonnie.Cady

I am not pro in fusion for finding parameter names.  I think the shift key is a great method in HSMWorks.

If you don't have access to HSMWorks you could post your operation to the dump.cps and it will reveal some of them.  There are sime guys on here that will probably chime in with a better way.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Lonnie.Cady

Awesome!  That gave me a much better list.  Thanks again.

Message 6 of 8
Lonnie.Cady

No problem, Hopefully someone comes along with a better way or they get the shift key option working.  I don't use them as much as I should.

Message 7 of 8
dave.anderson

Using Shift to expose the Parameter name for expressions works in HSM and Inventor HSM, but not Fusion.

This functionality has been requetsed in CAM-3149 along with a Parameter list.

The best option I know of is the dump.cps as pointed out.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
balsmen

Good news - CAM-3149 has been solved, so pressing the Shift-key while hovering over a parameter in the CAM workspace will now expose the same parameter details as seen in Inventor HSM and HSMWorks.

I will provide another update once it is decided which Fusion update will contain this functionality.

Hope this helps!

Noah Balsmeyer

Fusion Mfg Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report