Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe CAM Training in Colorado?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jasonharrelson
308 Views, 7 Replies

Lathe CAM Training in Colorado?

I'm looking for advanced training on Fusion 360 CAM in Colorado. I'm located in Denver and would like to contract training for our shop. I have not found resources on the Autodesk website, but maybe I'm missing the link? 

I've been told many times to contact resellers, but I have yet to find a reseller that even understands my problems with Lathe CAM operations. 

Any advice is appreciated!

Jason 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Steinwerks
in reply to: jasonharrelson

I have not seen a lot of posts from your direction in terms of turning troubles with examples (or many here at all) and would be glad to help when I can. I certainly can't offer paid support though; I have also found that samples are pretty critical for working out issues. They certainly need not be real parts, either.

And who have you contacted? I don't know that any reseller is limited by territory for Fusion 360 since it's technically only available via subscription through Autodesk.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 8
Lonnie.Cady
in reply to: Steinwerks

Yes there can be great support here, but it can also be very time consuming.  

I thought that is what the fast track team was for, maybe they could do a one on one meeting with you.  I wish you luck with finding some training that fits your needs.

Message 4 of 8

I've had numerous meetings with numerous Autodesk people and I still do not have answers. 

There has to be a way to do this type of work on Fusion 360, which is why I was asking for training. However, every person I talk to only knows very basic information and the issues persist. 

Message 5 of 8
jasonharrelson
in reply to: Steinwerks

I guess I'm asking all the wrong people? I cannot record a screencast as the software crashes every time I try. 

Back to BobCAD...

Message 6 of 8

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear you've been running into so many issues and not getting any answers - hopefully I can help out!

I took a look at your posting history and see that the most recent problem has been DXF importing, but there have been other lathe issues in the past.

To the DXF import issue - imported geometry will come in as a single line segment, but it has to be designed as a single line in the initial software that's exporting the DXF. So if you're designing in AutoCAD, all the segments need to be connected in AutoCAD to import into Fusion correctly.

As mentioned by Steinworks, sample files and a description are really helpful in troubleshooting. If you don't want to share your files on the forum, you can also send me a private message (or an email at martha.deans@autodesk.com) and I'll take a look and see what I can do. Also, in the case of the DXF import issue, the DXF you want to import would be great to include.

Hope that helps!

Marti Deans
Product Manager, Fusion 360 Manufacturing
Message 7 of 8

Interesting, but not true. I did design the original curve as one single
piece before exporting as a dxf. When imported into Fusion 360, it becomes
30 to 40 segments. I have tried exporting every variation of settings I can
think of and the problem persists. It is as if Fusion cannot recognize
splines.
Message 8 of 8

I'll leave this open ended question and hopefully get a response someday...

I will pay any qualified Fusion 360 user for advanced training in my Denver shop specifically for lathe CAM work. I have other software that generates CAM lathe toolpaths when I need them, but I would like to someday make the switch to Fusion. However, we cannot get some of the functions to work properly and the forum and videos have not addressed our issues. 

Please contact me directly at harrelsontrumpets@gmail.com if you are interested in working with us on advanced CAM lathe operations. 

thanks,
Jason Harrelson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report