Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move on center of line?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thburn
2682 Views, 3 Replies

How to move on center of line?

Hi,

I want to use a 2D contour to cut a selected contour with my drag knife.

Since there is no drag knife tool in F360 I use a 2mm flat mill to simulate my drag knife.

The problem I have now is my drag knife must cut in the center of the contour and not inside or outside.

F360 always uses the diameter of the tool and correct the path to cut exactly inside or outside of the contour.

Is there any way to say F360 to cut in the middle if the contour and not inside or outside?

Hope it is clear what I mean.

Thanks for any help! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: thburn

On the passes tab set the offset type to off.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
thburn
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling: Thanks a lot for quick answer, in the meantime I found it by myself.

just to make it clear for someone who needs this feature as well it is 'Compensation type' (not 'offset type'):

F360CAMCompensationOff.jpg

Message 4 of 4
WhiteRoomSkis
in reply to: thburn

@thburn have you gotten this to work for your drag knife? What type of drag knife are you using? I'm looking to purchase a Donek D2 to cut 1.4mm UHMWPE plastics for ski bases and for inlay work with this material.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report