Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find a Bug or Need Support?

71 REPLIES 71
Message 1 of 72
al.whatmough
5745 Views, 71 Replies

Find a Bug or Need Support?

Welcome to the Fusion CAM Community.  

Did you know you are part of a much larger Community?  Autodesk also produces CAM software that runs in SOLIDWORKS & Inventor (HSMWorks & Inventor HSM respectively) Theses desktop products are built on the same technology that drives the CAM in Fusion, they even share the same Post Processors. So, if you don't find the solutions to your questions here, you may find the solution from one of our desktop users over at https://camforum.autodesk.com/

We take machining seriously, as such, our support team is made up indiciduals that have spent time on the shop floor like you.  We are here to help.  But, we can only help if you ask the question.  In asking your question, you help others also who where to timid to ask!  So, join the community, share your questions and help with answers. 

Now, you call your mistakes scrap parts, we call ours Bugs and we don't like them!.  (No, I am not talking about spiders, although we don't like those either)  If you find a bug, don't scream, let us know. There is no public shame in airing our issues, again, it helps warn other users of issues as we do our best to fix them quickly.  The last thing we want is to have our users wrecking parts or crashing machines, that's your livelihood!

Speaking of bugs, we all got bit by the same bug, the Manufacturing Bug.  As a result, we are part of a manufacturing family!

As family, if you feel the need to reach out and let me know about something that is wrong (or tell me what a great job we are doing 🙂 ) Drop me a line at Al.Whatmough@Autodesk.com

Al Whatmough

CAM Product Manager

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
71 REPLIES 71
Message 2 of 72
scottmoyse
in reply to: al.whatmough

And although it's not promoted by Autodesk on the Fusion side of things, you can also get a more one to one support service from your Local CAM Resellers who have been carefully selected and vetted by the Autodesk CAM team... unlike the tradition CAD VAR situation where a lot of them are pure sales organisations, most of the CAM VARs are very knowledgeable with hands on experience with CNC machines and CAM software. You can find your local VAR here

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 72

@scottmoyse wrote:

And although it's not promoted by Autodesk on the Fusion side of things, you can also get a more one to one support service from your Local CAM Resellers who have been carefully selected and vetted by the Autodesk CAM team... unlike the tradition CAD VAR situation where a lot of them are pure sales organisations, most of the CAM VARs are very knowledgeable with hands on experience with CNC machines and CAM software. You can find your local VAR here

I just wish this were true. I mean you are an example for many others! If they had half the knowledge that you have they would truly add Value. Couple I know are stillpure sales orginisations and fail to grasp the responsibility you have as a CAM-Reseller.
I mean you point is valid, only the carefull selection is something that needs some serious fine tuning if you ask me.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 4 of 72
al.whatmough
in reply to: scottmoyse

Scott,

Great point!

Thank you for adding that.

---------
AL Whatmough

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 5 of 72

There's a bug here that's gone unanswered on the CAM forum and in 2 thread on this form, don't know if it's been missed.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 72

Thank you for pointing them out.

We have guys looking into the issues.

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 7 of 72
kirkwelding

I noticed today after machining a couple parts that the CAM toolpath did not update or notify me with a Yellow "!"after making changes to the model. 

I tryed a new tool path by clicking Generate Toolpath.  No luck used old pocket geometry

The correct pocket would show in CAM but it was running with pre-modified tool path

I had to un- selected the "Pocket Selection" and select it again before change to the model would take effect.

I only found this after viewing in Simulate.

Am I loosing my mind?

Thanks

Message 8 of 72
jeff.walters
in reply to: kirkwelding

Without seeing the part befor the issue it would be hard to comment on what could be happening.

Jeff Walters
Senior Support Engineer, CAM
Message 9 of 72
kirkwelding
in reply to: jeff.walters

Message 10 of 72
HughesTooling

Have you got the model selected in the setup under model? Can you export the file and attach to this thread, save as an f3d file please.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 11 of 72
kirkwelding
in reply to: HughesTooling

No I do not.  I selected body for the model. Its shows the warning but I still have to deselect old geometry and select new geomerty.

Message 12 of 72
HughesTooling

Please save as an f3d, there's no CAM info stored in a stp file.

Thanks Mark.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 13 of 72
kirkwelding
in reply to: HughesTooling

Sorry about that. Here it is

Message 14 of 72
HughesTooling

Definitely one for support, even adding features to the model doesn't give you a warning when you switch between workspaces. One for support to look at for sure.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 15 of 72

I was able to valitdate your issue, it is defiatly a bug.  

The interesting this is, when I recreated the same geometry, I did not see the issue.

I have asked the developers to take a look and see what they find.

Regards,

Al

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 16 of 72
scottmoyse

It's a real shame that you're lucky if you get a reply from the cam.support@... email. Typical response time if you do get a response is 3-4 days. Not in line with Autodesk support SLA what so ever. You guys need more CAM support staff ASAP.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 17 of 72
adamvs
in reply to: scottmoyse

Turning: A parting operation needs different feeds for retract and re-engage when pecking, or retract on non-pecking. Here is the scenario:

You have a larger bar to part, say 3.5" diameter. If you peck, there is no difference between cutting feed, re-engage and retact feeds. Straight parting, no difference between cutting feeds and retract. It takes forever! You might think these would be lead-in and lead-out feed rates, but I beleive these are in context of approaches. Either way neither lead-in nor lead-out feed rates get repoted to the post processor in 'onLinear', so no feeds code can get generated.

There needs to be a way specify these lead-in/lead-outs in the 'Passes' tab, and have them reported to the post processor.

Message 18 of 72

No Scott. They don't. We have seen an increase in support staff the last years. We have at least 4 times as much as 3 years ago. And the response time has increased 400% so the number of staff has nothing to do with the response time.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 19 of 72

@Laurens-3DTechDraw wrote:
No Scott. They don't. We have seen an increase in support staff the last years. We have at least 4 times as much as 3 years ago. And the response time has increased 400% so the number of staff has nothing to do with the response time.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with my point or disagreeing with the benefit of doubt I gave them. 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 20 of 72
scottmoyse
in reply to: adamvs

@adamvs wrote:

Turning: A parting operation needs different feeds for retract and re-engage when pecking, or retract on non-pecking. Here is the scenario:

You have a larger bar to part, say 3.5" diameter. If you peck, there is no difference between cutting feed, re-engage and retact feeds. Straight parting, no difference between cutting feeds and retract. It takes forever! You might think these would be lead-in and lead-out feed rates, but I beleive these are in context of approaches. Either way neither lead-in nor lead-out feed rates get repoted to the post processor in 'onLinear', so no feeds code can get generated.

There needs to be a way specify these lead-in/lead-outs in the 'Passes' tab, and have them reported to the post processor.

Something the CAM team have known about for years. I was told it would be worked on soon about 5 months ago. No sign of any of it yet. 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report