Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling G28 command in F360 distorts toolpath in Mach3.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
zaaephod
1479 Views, 8 Replies

Disabling G28 command in F360 distorts toolpath in Mach3.

Hello all,

I'm new to Fusion 360, and I love it. I'm using Mach3.

I'm having an issue where even small programs that fit well within my soft limits will not run. I begin by homing all three axes. The soft limit warning box does not pop up, but after pushing start, the little status box says "Soft limits exceeded", and the program will not continue to run.

I've narrowed it down to the G28 commands in the program. If I manually remove only the G28 commands, the program will run. If I just disable the G28 using the post menu in F360 CAM, Mach3 shows a distorted toolpath. (Images below)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Z

Correct (G28 Enabled):

mach3_2.jpg

Incorrect (G28 Disabled):

mach3_1.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Steinwerks
in reply to: zaaephod

Can you attach your NC files here? You may have to change the extension to .TXT to get them to load as the forum software is very limited on file extensions.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 9
zaaephod
in reply to: Steinwerks

Sure thing 🙂

Message 4 of 9
zaaephod
in reply to: Steinwerks

And here's the file with G28 disabled in the CAM portion of F360.

Message 5 of 9
George-Roberts

When you say you manually remove the G28 it runs, do you remove it within the MACH software, or edit the file then reload it? The two files you uploaded are exactly the same, just missing the G28, so would be exactly the same as if you removed the G8 😕

Message 6 of 9
zaaephod
in reply to: George-Roberts

Hi George,

Before I waste any more of your time, I'm going to do a re-install of Mach3. This computer had a backup from my other machine's configuration on it, maybe there's something causing problems there.

For now, it is quite repeatable, though. If I load the file with G28 in it, the gcode rendering in Mach3 looks fine, and the file without G28 looks .. well, confused.

If the problem continues, I'll be back. 🙂

Z

Message 7 of 9
George-Roberts

Strange, let us know how you get on!

Message 8 of 9
zaaephod
in reply to: George-Roberts

George,

Before I did a re-install of Mach3, I decided to try creating a new profile, instead. I copied all the motor tunings, ports & pins, backlash, homing & limits, smoothstepper config, etc. but otherwise left the defaults in General config. Everything *appears* to be working now, and I get the expected results when loading either of the two files.

I'm aware that this isn't the most helpful answer, so if you want to delete this thread, I understand. I'm just happy to have things working, and my soft limits are even functioning again.

Thanks for trying to help 🙂

Z

Message 9 of 9
Steinwerks

@zaaephod Pretty sure you solved this one yourself so I'll just make sure you get the credit Smiley Wink

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report