Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIFFERENT SET UP SHEET

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
trutech.eng
2264 Views, 14 Replies

DIFFERENT SET UP SHEET

Hello,

I want to try and use a different set up sheet and I am not sure how to change to the Excel set up sheet.  Can some one explain how to select a different set up sheet?

Thanks

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 15
balsmen
in reply to: trutech.eng

Hi @trutech.eng,

Like @LibertyMachine showed, this can be done by selecting a setup sheet via the Post Processing dialog.

Another alternative: If you hold down the Shift key before you click the "Select Folder" button to select your output folder, this will automatically generate a setup sheet using the setup-sheet-excel-2007.cps post processor.

Hope this helps!

Noah

Noah Balsmeyer

Fusion Mfg Software Engineer
Message 4 of 15
trutech.eng

Thanks Guys!  The short cut works great.  The Excel tool sheet is missing one import column for me and that is the tool description which I input to the description field.  Is there a way to add or replace one of the other columns?

Thanks

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 5 of 15

Yes. You will need to go into the excel template (I showed the location in my screencast) and change the $tool.type to $tool.description (or another field you don't want)

Do yourself a favor; copy, NOT OVERWRITE the files into another location. Everything gets overwritten at an update. You would need to move both the .cps as well as the corresponding excel template.

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 15

OH COOL!! I will work on this soon. Thanks Dude
-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 7 of 15
trutech.eng

I received an error after making the change.  Do I have to change anything in the .cps file or only the excel template file?

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 8 of 15

I just made the change myself to make sure I was giving you solid info. The change worked fine, and it pulled the info from my tool description:

screenshot_63.png

All I did was this:

screenshot_65.png

Became this:

screenshot_64.png

Change is only made to the .xlsx file

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 15
trutech.eng

Thanks Seth!!!  Got what I was looking for

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 10 of 15
trutech.eng

Ok I am back at this!  i just changed computers but don't have Microsoft Excel now.  Is there a way to make this work with Open Office Sheets?  The "shift Select Folder" trick works and opens Open Office sheets but it is empty on the Operations and Tools pages.

Is there a away to modify the template to work with Open Office?

Thanks

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 11 of 15

@LibertyMachine

Hello Seth, Happy Friday!

I have been working on modifying the Excel 2007 format for my tool list the way I would like to see it and I am wondering if you know how to change the "L" in the length offset to "H"?  I examined the excel 2007.cps for quite awhile and didn't see anything that stuck out.  I was able to add shank diameter successfully to the list but would like to see the length offset  have H instead of L.

Thanks

-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 12 of 15
Steinwerks

@trutech.eng Have you looked at the template? It might be in there.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 13 of 15
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Steinwerks

It took someone else showing me for me to understand it. My Excel expertise is.........basic, at best. I can fill out sheets, but anything more....ugh

It's actually being forced by the cell format. Right click on that cell in the template (the $tool.length) and select "Format Cells":

2017-03-04_04h35_00.png

I suspect you will have to add a new format designation.

With a little miscommunication from a reseller, I've ended up with a rather compact setup sheet template:

I don't think it's there yet, but it gives you an idea of what is possible:

2017-03-04_04h45_19.png

Lastly, I'm also working privately with an individual I hired off of Craigslist. He is making a VBA/Macro that will grab all the relevant fields from the OEM sheet and produce a format VERY CLOSE to what is shown above. On top of that, it will also be able to consolidate multiple setup sheets into one workbook, so you can have OP1, OP2 and OP3 all part of one file. If it reaches the level of completeness I need/want, I'll be more than happy to selectively distribute this.

Seth Madore
Message 14 of 15
trutech.eng

Thanks Seth! I will look at my sheet on Monday. I like your tool list, looks good. I did think about placing my logo on it or giving it a change up. Another thing to look into. I still need to try and make a drawing template so when I make drawings it is more to my flavor and less generic.
-------
Tommy J
Fusion 360 User
Message 15 of 15
U.Uhl
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Hi,

I Know the Topic is Old, but i have the Question: How you get all at One Page ? Do you have also change the CPS File or only the Excel File ??

I keep puzzling myself trying to get the tools and the overview data on One Page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report