Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAM Beta mode

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
al.whatmough
5779 Views, 18 Replies

CAM Beta mode

Fusion users looking to offer input into beta functions in our software can now do so by enabling BETA mode.

It is important to note, you must manually turn beta mode off.  

Beta mode is only suggest for short term testing of new functionality.

Learn more about how to enable beta mode here:

http://manufacturinglounge.com/hsm-beta-mode-hsmwork-inventor-hsm-fusion/

When comment on CAM beta functions please do so in the CAM Beta forum to avoid confusion to users not using beta mode.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/beta-testing-english-deutsch/bd-p/219

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: al.whatmough

EDIT: Never mind, like a silly person I skimmed the instructions....I didn't have txt selected when I entered the command...thanks..Smiley Embarassed

Hi @al.whatmough!

I was looking for this just the other day Smiley Very Happy

I got an error trying to enable it though....

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 2.55.07 PM.png

What did I do wrong?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 19

Well this is pretty cool. Is there any documentation on what is in the Fusion CAM Beta so we can look out for new features we wouldn't otherwise be aware of?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 4 of 19

As we release things in beta we let users know in the BETA Forum.

---------
AL Whatmough

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 5 of 19
RandyKopf

Al: Thank you for the notice that Fusion 360 users can enter Beta mode. I really am looking forward to using simultaneous 5 Axis CAM with my www.PocketNC.com. Specifically 5 Axis Curve driven tool paths with vector control. My first interaction using "Beta" CAM software was in 1987 with Point Control when they were developing SmartCAM 3D

Randy Kopf 

http://desktopartisan.blogspot.com/

If my post is helpful, press the LIKE Button If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution! Have a great day!
Message 6 of 19

Curious question: Is it safe to use Beta version? What I mean is: Features that already exist in "off-the-shelf" Fusion that are proven and known to work, will they still be the same, or does everything become "use at your own risk"

Or is it only the new features in Beta that are questionable?

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 7 of 19
adsloud
in reply to: Anonymous

Suppose you are using the default Python text command type. Try to change the text command type to be txt and input CAM.BetaMode /on again. See the attached picture for the details, please.

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 8 of 19
adsloud

Suppose you are using the default Python text command type. Try to change the text command type to be txt and input CAM.BetaMode /on again. See the attached picture for the details, please.

Debbie Lou
Message 9 of 19
adsloud

Suppose you are using the default Python text command type. Please try to change the type to be Txt and input CAM.BetaMode /on again.

Debbie Lou
Message 10 of 19

@LibertyMachine Everything becomes beta.   Most other areas of the software should not be impacted.  However, we do not gaurentee that there isn't work happening in the kernel for facing even if you don't see any new icons or options.

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 11 of 19
daniel_lyall

@al.whatmough what are the beta features in fusion cam is it the same as the vids you did showing what is in HSM

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 12 of 19
fdboswell

The link in the original post that is supposed to take you to a place that tells you how to turn on CAM Beta Mode in Fusion now results in an error saying that I'm not authorized to view that page. Is this what is now intended? Is CAM Beta Mode in Fusion no longer available to the general Fusion user base?

Message 13 of 19
Trigg3r
in reply to: fdboswell

You can CTRL+ALT+C to show the text commands window, There you can select TXT as the input type in the lower right hand check box.

The enter - CAM.Betamode /on

Message 14 of 19
friesendrywall
in reply to: Trigg3r

Where is this information located?

This is all I get.

Screenshot 2017-03-28 14.41.58.png

Message 15 of 19
Steinwerks
in reply to: friesendrywall

@Trigg3r answered your question, but here's a quick visual. Usually the Text Commands section is minimized at the bottom:

Betamode.jpg

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 16 of 19
fdboswell
in reply to: Trigg3r

Thanks, yes CTRL+ALT+X works to get the text box.

My intention in part was to point out that the link in the original post no longer works (for me at least). Maybe someone will be able to fix that for the benefit of the community.

Message 17 of 19
Steinwerks
in reply to: fdboswell

@friesendrywall My apologies, I misunderstood.

@brianrepp can we get a working link? Does this even exist anywhere anymore? I haven't found it since (and I have checked several times since this post went up, although not in some time).

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 18 of 19
al.whatmough
in reply to: Steinwerks

Updated link here:

http://manufacturinglounge.com/hsm-beta-mode-hsmwork-inventor-hsm-fusion/

---------
AL Whatmough

Message 19 of 19
fdboswell

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report