Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with Toolpath Pattern Losing Toolpaths

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jonathanZRMZM
343 Views, 5 Replies

Bug with Toolpath Pattern Losing Toolpaths

I found an issue where moving a toolpath immediately after a pattern causes all the operations in the pattern to move to the toolpath that was moved. I've attached a couple pictures to help explain. The first shows before moving the Manual NC1 operation and the second shows after moving Manual NC1 to after Pattern1. As you can see the two operations that were in Pattern1 have moved to Manual NC1. Unless I notice right away and undo the move I haven't been able to get the operations back and if i save the file and reopen it the operations are still gone. I've also attached my f3d file I tested this with to aid in fixing the issue.

Test Pattern 1.pngTest Pattern 2.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RandyKopf
in reply to: jonathanZRMZM

@jonathanZRMZM

I just downloaded the file and see that happen.

Following your example the pattern is stripped of content.

-

What's really strange is it actually sub indents the 2 operations under the Manual operation as if it has some hierarchy?

-

I output code and I did 3 output tests.

-

O1001 (PATTERN TEST AS PROVIDED)

Output was with the Manual output comment at the beginning AND Pattern generated output follows at the end.

-

O1002 (PATTERN TEST MOVED PATTERN ABOVE MANUAL OP)

Output was with the Pattern generated output at the beginning AND the Manual output comment follows at the end.

-

O1003 (PATTERN TEST AS REPORTED THE PATTERN IS STRIPPED OF CONTENT)

Following the OP's example the the Manual comment is output, the pattern was stripped of effecting output.

-

REPORT THIS AS CLASS 0.000412231241244 MINOR BUG TYPE P-I-T-A

that is MINOR BUG TYPE Pain-In-The-****

haha

-

This was another 5 minutes spent in Fusion 360 as fun 🙂

Randy Kopf 

http://desktopartisan.blogspot.com/

If my post is helpful, press the LIKE Button If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution! Have a great day!
Message 3 of 6

Wow! I do not think this can be classified as a minor bug!

Anytime there is potential for data loss that's an issue. Especially it's something you could easily overlook like this.

I ran some test and it's not just the Manual NC operation, it's actually ANY operation. It only occurs if the pattern is not the last item on the list though. There has to be something after the pattern operation.

I think I have a theory why this is occurring. Say all operations are given an ID representing where they are at:
0 - Manual NC
1 - Pattern
2 - Deburr

When you drag Manual NC to after patter, it's taking Pattern's ID  and all operations less than that ID are reduced by 1. So now the list is:
0 - Pattern
1 - Manual NC
2 - Deburr

Now I think the actual toolpaths in the folder at attached to the ID position, so when you move the operation, the patterned toolpaths don't realize they lost their parent and stay attached to ID 1. This causes them to become children of Manual NC. 

Now since Patterns are just folders with a checkbox enabled, this issue also applies to folders, and also occurs in nested folders. Oh boy!
Thanks for reporting this issue! I'll file a bug report on this one and see if we can get this fixed.

Until a fix comes out for this, I would highly advise against moving operations directly after folders/patterns.
If you need to move operations around a folder, move the folder itself. 
When moving operations, ensure there is at least 1 toolpath between the folder/pattern and where you drop an operation.

Thanks so reporting this!
-Xander Luciano

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer
Message 4 of 6

Logged as CAM-5611 for reference.

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer
Message 5 of 6
keqingsong
in reply to: xander.luciano

Good news! This is getting fixed in our next update this December! 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 6 of 6
jonathanZRMZM
in reply to: keqingsong

That is good news! I'm glad this will be getting fixed soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report