Community
Community Meet & Greet
Introduce yourself and meet the Autodesk Community. Network, create connections and build your reputation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
srinivasan.ramadoss
305 Views, 1 Reply

Introducing myself

Hi All,

I am Srinivasan, working for William Hare group as Engineering Director in Chennai, India Division. We are basically  steel structural fabricator and constructor. Our parent company/Head office is in UK, Manchester and we have fabrication facility in UAE and UK.

I was using Autocad and Autocad LT extensively during my career start in 2D environments. Later we moved to 3D steel special softwares like Tekla, Strucad. Currently we use Tekla for most projects.

We do have some activity in Revit, mainly converting revit BIM model to IFC, then to tekla. We use to face some difficulty in interoperability and still not resolved as required. We fix it more with manual operation to correct the flow.

We also exploring Advance steel as part of detailing pacakge.

I am glad to be part of Autodesk Community and best wishes to all.

I am sure that this platform will make us more aware, exchanging ideas, new happening, continous learning throughout our life.

Best Regards,

Srinivasan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Welcome Srinivasan,

Great to have you in the community!

It sounds like you have an interesting workflow, would you be willing to share this workflow with the community sometime? This could help out others looking to perform similar projects and also help with your existing workflow. I think this would be a good topic for discussion in the Revit community.

Let us know if you ever have any questions about how to do something, we have a ton of experts here in the community.

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report