Community Feedback Hub
Help us keep improving Autodesk Community. Share your feedback in response to the threads marked [OPEN]. If you have feedback on a topic that you do not see listed, share it the Open Thread for Feedback on Community. We’ll be here to respond to your feedback and make sure it gets to where it needs to go.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[OPEN] Share feedback on your Autodesk Community Forums Month in Review email

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
deborah.lilley
983 Views, 13 Replies

[OPEN] Share feedback on your Autodesk Community Forums Month in Review email

<< This thread is open to recipients of the Autodesk Community Forums Month in Review email only. >> 

As a recipient of the first Autodesk Community Forums Month in Review email update, we’d love to hear your feedback. In these updates, you’ll get a monthly report of your impact in the Community Forums for the year to date. Use this thread to share your thoughts and opinions on the email you’ve received and any suggestions you might have for the next one.  

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on the topics below, as well as anything else you’d like to share about your first Autodesk Community Forums Month in Review email experience.  

1. What do you think of the concept? 
  2. Do you find the metrics useful? Are there other metrics you’d like to see? 
  3. How often would you like to receive these updates?  

Thank you for being part of Autodesk Community Forums.  

Deborah Lilley
Community Content Strategist
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
hfcandrew
in reply to: deborah.lilley

1 -Its nice. I don't peruse forums for recognition but its nice.

2 - # of posts and replies you made

3 - Quarterly/yearly is fine. Monthly seems like a bit much

Thanks!

Message 3 of 14
leeminardi

I like getting the feedback but find the data inconsistent with my understanding of my stats.

The email states that  I have 12 accepted solutions but my profile has this number as 649.  Why the difference?

On a separate note I would like to see the search function improved.  I occasionally see a post that I know I have I have previously answered for a similar post.  I find it very difficult to get to the Forum page where I can do a search of my post.  Just clicking the search con brings you to:

leeminardi_0-1646325920047.png

but I want to go directly to here:

leeminardi_1-1646325986407.png

BTW, What constitutes a "contribution"?

leeminardi_1-1646326173328.png

It appears that this is the number of Screencasts I have made.  Is that the metric?

Thank you for asking for feedback.

Lee

lee.minardi
Message 4 of 14
pball

I haven't seen an email like this yet and since I see this post I'm guessing I should have received an email. I've checked my spam folder also.

Message 5 of 14
deborah.lilley
in reply to: hfcandrew

@hfcandrew — thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it. This is helpful for us to plan ahead and make improvements.

Deborah Lilley
Message 6 of 14
deborah.lilley
in reply to: pball

@pball — thank you for your interest in this discussion. This Community Feedback Hub post is visible to all Community members, but the discussion is intended for recipients of the Community Forums Month in Review email only. The Month in Review email is a pilot project and is currently open to limited recipients only.

Deborah Lilley
Message 7 of 14
deborah.lilley
in reply to: leeminardi

@leeminardi — thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it.

To answer your questions:

1. The number of accepted solutions mentioned in the email refers to those made in the current year (2022) only. The number on your profile refers to the total number of solutions in all years.
  2. We will pass your feedback regarding the search function on to our support team. 
  3. The contributions mentioned in the email refer to new topics and replies. 

There was an error caused by a bug in some emails sent last month. This bug meant that some emails said that there was “no change from last month”  or said the change was equal to the count number. We will be fixing this for the next month's email. 

Thanks again for helping us to plan ahead and make improvements. 

Deborah Lilley
Message 8 of 14

1.  It's okay.

2.  I assume the February email has the stats for January, the March email has the stats for February, etc.  It would make more sense to me if the month title listed the month to which the statistics apply, rather than the month the email was sent.

3.  Not more often than monthly.  Quarterly could work, too.

I am curious as to what goes into the People Helped number.  Does it include page views?

Not sure if the problem is on my end your your end, but the statistics would be a lot more useful if the numbers were not cut in half:

2022-03-21_AdeskCommunityForumsMonthInReview_GraphicsIssue.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 14
fkellogg

1.  I do like the concept, and the statistics.

2.  Clarification on them 
    People Helped: is this simply number of views?
    Likes: is this how many I have liked, or how many I have been given?

Accepted Solutions: is this how many I have given, or received?

3.  Monthly is good.

On a further note, I may be included in this illustrious group simply because I was having mysterious problems with basic AutoCAD, and was more or less desperate for answers / help. Which I did receive, from these forums, and Customer Service.

Message 10 of 14

@David_W_Koch — thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it.

To respond to your points: 

• We acknowledge your point regarding clarifying the month/stats for future emails
  • The people helped number does include the page views
  • The issue with the statistics appearing cut off in emails has been resolved

Thanks again for taking the time to help us refine this pilot initiative.

Deborah Lilley
Message 11 of 14
deborah.lilley
in reply to: fkellogg

@fkellogg — thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate it.

To respond to your points:

• The people helped number does reflect the number of views.
  • The likes reflect the number of likes your posts have been given
  • The accepted solutions reflect the number of accepted solutions you have been given

Thank you for letting us know that you were able to get help from the Forums. 

And thanks, too, for taking the time to give us your feedback on this initiative.

Deborah Lilley
Message 12 of 14

it was nice...it keeps reminding us that we are part of the community. It keeps reminding us that the community value everybody's effort

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 13 of 14

I really appreciate the monthly heads up on my activity.  most importantly is the number of folks helped.  thats what its all about eh?  any recognition is nice, its not the primary result of what i set out to accomplish, but its nice.

i'm reminded of the old adage "IT'S IN TEACHING THAT WE LEARN".

Message 14 of 14

i'm not getting the monthly recognition.  has this come to a stop?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report