Computational Geometry: How to build Geometry using logic

dynamo-banner3.PNG
Comment (9)

Are you curious about how to build geometry through bite sized chunks of logic? Do you not know where to start, but want to get started?   Then come hang out with Jacob Small and Sol Amour as we step through how to build Computational Geometry in Dynamo using a simple Revit Family as an exemplar workflow.

This session was a part of Community Conversations - live, virtual events designed to allow you to gain expertise, connect with leaders and grow your community network. 

The series continues on April 22 with:

Computational Geometry: Model / Physical types​ with Dynamo

Use the comments area below to ask the presenter or organizers a question before the event begins.  The live virtual event will be hosted on Zoom and will allow you to discuss the topic live with our host and presenter. 

Back to calendar page

Labels (1)
Event details
  • Thursday, April 08, 2021
  • 10:00 AM PDT
  • English (US)
Featured Guests

Autodesk Support
Autodesk Support

Autodesk
Autodesk

Related products
9 Comments
kate.merriman
Autodesk

To learn more about Community Conversations, including how to become a presenter, please go to: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-conversations/welcome-to-community-conversations/td-p/10167...

Kate Merriman
Program Manager
e.winter65
Explorer

Is this topic also useful for Dynamo for Civil 3D?

Yes. The whole curriculum is built around Dynamo Sandbox (core) until we HAVE to switch into an integration. So if  you Dynamo for Civil 3D, Dynamo For Alias, Dynamo for Advance Steel, Dynamo for Revit or any other of the many flavors you'll be able to leverage what we present, and ask more specific questions in the Q&A. 

Incase you missed them, the previous sessions (in the prior format) are also available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EixPfXOl4&list=PLdlF7MirPEC0ICFFt5o0rKvw-Lz3FV9pz&index=7

David_W_Koch
Mentor

Great event - and I am glad to see that this series is continuing.  The balloon animal graph was a fun way to wrap up the session.  I might have to try creating one of those myself, although I am sure it will take me a week or more, not done during a meeting.  Maybe I overstated my Dynamo skill level.  😉

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Thanks David! We're excited to also to keep sharing the Dynamo journey through this Community Series 🙌 There's some fun stuff planned for the future too... and I'm sure @jacob.small will share the graph. He's an absolute dynamo master. 

anwar.hamadi
Explorer

hi, you can tell me where i can find this method in Dynamo :
[ vectorDisplay(vec), vec ] , [planeDisplay(pln) , 0] and [csDisplay(cs) , 0]

Hello Anwar,

This was some custom DesignScript that @jacob.small  wrote to show visual representations of abstract geometry in the presentation. It's now attached here! 

Thank you I just understood it's function that he created to use them later with other node I thank you

Awesome - glad we can help out 😊