Architecture and Platform Product (Revit) Roadmap Ask Me Anything

Freeway-1024x255.jpg
Comment (8)

Join us for a Community Conversation about the future of Autodesk AEC solutions.

- Learn about highlights from recent releases, including Revit and the AEC Collection

- Ask product managers and experts about the future of Autodesk AEC products

- Check the roadmap and join the conversation!

Panelists:

Harlan Brumm Autodesk Sr. Product Line Manager
Mike Engel Autodesk  Sr. Product Manager
Bogdan Matei Autodesk Revit Product Manager
Matt Arsenault Autodesk Revit Product Manager
Sam Anderson of Twinmotion by Epic Games

Event Recording:
https://youtu.be/HLrrGEtBKEM

Event details
  • Tuesday, January 17, 2023
  • 08:00 AM PST
  • English (US)
  • https://autodesk.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwqdumvrz8pEtaMPDNKgyhArWYXot5RXrOb
Featured Guests
Autodesk
Autodesk

Autodesk
Autodesk

Related products
8 Comments
wr.marshall
Advisor

Is there a link for a re-run. I cannot find on Youtube or here. Please provide a link if one exists.

@wr.marshall The event was yesterday, and the recording we'll be posted to this page this week.

Regards,
Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

shaan.hurley
Alumni

Event Recording:
https://youtu.be/HLrrGEtBKEM

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

laurenk
Advocate

Did anyone else find that dismally unexciting? I would like to see the panel include expert users who could respond to the product development/marketing team's answers. Make it a conversation rather than a straight Q&A. It should not be a yes/no forum. I think ADSK would get greater feedback by delving into why questions are being asked and involving the community further.

I also submitted questions to Shaan via email as I was unable to attend in the USA time zone. These questions were ignored and all questions seemed to be via the live link. Very disappointing. 

Hello @laurenk 
This was an annual Ask me Anything for the AEC team that manages the product to answer questions from customers I'm not sure how we might hold a conversation any differently at scale but open to suggestions for future events including you can submit an event for a conversation panel.

All questions were taken from the Slido, which was open to all weeks before the event as well as during the live event. I'm really sorry, your emailed questions didn't get answered, but they should have been submitted since there were a lot of tasks going on and emails, I missed your request for questions outside the process..

Sincerely,
Shaan Hurley

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

Hi Shaan,
Thanks for responding to my comment on the roadmap event.
I'm just noting the event confirmation email did say to email you with any queries. There was no mention of slido in any correspondence about the event that I could find.

I think the Q&A sessions need a slight tweek in the format. It's understandable that ADSK can't give definiative answers to future features however it would be nice to know that our requests and concerns are being considered. The questions and answers in the event were short (possibly due to the slido format) and some answers did not go beyond a simple "no - we're not looking at that". Some more rounded responses would have been helpful.

I recall the 2022 or 2021 Q&As had a more thorough response/discussion. Perhaps it was the selection of people in the events that made a difference? I think there were 5 people on the forum this year and most answers were provided by 2 people.

Just a little feedback for your team.

Kind Regards,
Lauren

@laurenk You are welcome. We had the Slido link on this page for two months prior to the event, in the forums in multiple languages,  and in many external communications. I do apologize if you did not notice the Slido link. 

Regards

Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter

@laurenk If you post a question here, I can ask a product manager and see if we can post the response here.

Regards

Shaan

Shaan Hurley
Technologist
Between the Lines Blog
@ShaanHurley on Twitter