Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom to Xref.

Zoom to Xref.

At times you will get files from different sources that do not align or come anywhere close to being in the right place. I want to right click on my xref manager and have the option of zooming in to specific xrefs. 

8 Comments
C3D_TomR
Collaborator
This goes for attached refs, not just one level deep.
doni49
Mentor

I like the idea but do have a minor issue with it.  I have on ocasion recieved an xref file that even when I opened it, I found there were little elements "out in the middle of nowhere".  In such a case "zoom to xref" might now do any good. 

Maybe some kind of "Isolate the XREF (or tone back other elements), zoom extents and make any elements from the xref blink" type of utility would be helpful.  Of course, I'm not suggesting that would be the command name -- just what it would do.  🙂

walker-bigred
Explorer

Maybe zoom to where large percentage of elements are? Your'e right about elements being way out from each other too sometimes. There's got to be a better way than trying to figure out if the elements on your screen are in cad or a piece of dust on your monitor.

AllenJessup
Mentor

This can be accomplished with Zoom to Object. So maybe adding select to the Xref menu would be more versatile.

cadtech1986
Enthusiast

I like this idea. It already exists in Civil 3D for certain objects.

gerry.alvarez25
Observer
KirkWM
Collaborator

This is a great idea, I came looking for this on the forums and found this lol

wswart9VT6E
Observer

Qselect xref name and zoom to object work perfectly! Thank you @gerry.alvarez25 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report