Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a New Layer is Created, Allow an Opportunity to Name it First.

When a New Layer is Created, Allow an Opportunity to Name it First.

Often I use the filters in the Layer Property Manager window as I work with many hundreds of layers. 

When I go to make a new layer with a filter enabled, Civil 3D helpfully informs me that "A new layer was created that does not match the current layer filter."

It would be nice to be able to rename the new layer before it is whisked away and I have to search for "layer".

Or if new layers were explicitly included in all search filters until they are renamed or until one is no longer using the Layer Properties panel. 

2 Comments
TimYarris
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your idea. This would need to be addressed in core AutoCAD, but we will share this with the AutoCAD team for review while customers continue to add feedback and vote on it.

doni49
Mentor

The simplest thing is that if a new layer is created while a filter is active, the new layer is shown as though it meets the filter.  Of course, once the filter is no longer active, the layer would no longer meet the filter definition (unless the properties of the layer have been set such that it DOES actually meet the filter definition).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report